Australian-Coins Forum

Australian Coins, Banknotes and Exonumia => Australian Decimal Circulating Coins => Topic started by: jens coins on July 10, 2024, 03:08:37 PM

Title: $2 Olypmic coins
Post by: jens coins on July 10, 2024, 03:08:37 PM
The $2 Olympic coins thru Woolworths begins next Wednesday

 https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/196493463717?itmmeta=01J2DHZ6A3NHRRKN77HFCCB9TB&hash=item2dbfec50a5:g:GBIAAOSwhudmjg8a&itmprp=enc%3AAQAJAAAA4H164fsxViY2DAHAveuVxVBoizE1epEF6BGvG%2BoIWmPULuAcBd8Jz26M%2FJpOwNmIw3E7iD0Znmdrm%2BN6PMnJ%2B%2F95xRFxK4bq6hcE39mzpUmWuPFskQilC72iV1jwTwefKfJ7rOhW8XnGTnxVhTqP9%2FlQyl%2BjFJRM1NO2HUH%2BBqxnQoPpH0glfni5zH2%2FCmzeQPMQFgZRZxyOXDQhSA%2BMpBOtH7UMev1bq1lEEh1aIj9JURIsZdlRGD%2FKUCN4bvnDebZYv0FbcCQQlPiOrkClJD995Urmwkq%2BCyEwWMG%2BnCw2%7Ctkp%3ABk9SR5Dl_LGTZA
Title: RE: $2 Olypmic coins
Post by: Basilstate on July 10, 2024, 08:37:43 PM
Thanks Jen.
Title: RE: $2 Olypmic coins
Post by: Pedro on July 11, 2024, 06:49:32 AM
Thanks Jen  :good:

Pedro
Title: RE: $2 Olypmic coins
Post by: gweidion on July 12, 2024, 10:00:21 PM
Any idea if they will be releasing a pack again, because that is the only way I'd bother getting them?
Title: RE: $2 Olypmic coins
Post by: jens coins on July 13, 2024, 11:03:09 AM
Someone has 2 different packs up on eBay so they must be coming out in UNC cards.
Title: RE: $2 Olypmic coins
Post by: Mister T on July 13, 2024, 02:53:31 PM
Thanks Jen - someone had mentioned it to me through the week too.

Hopefully there are cards yeah.
Title: RE: $2 Olypmic coins
Post by: jens coins on July 15, 2024, 01:52:45 PM
I have heard that Australia Post will have the carded Uncirculated $2 Olympic coins from Wednesday 17th July.
The loose coins are only available thru the tills at Woolworths
Title: RE: $2 Olypmic coins
Post by: gweidion on July 15, 2024, 03:29:05 PM
Thanks, I'll try the Post Office.
Title: RE: $2 Olypmic coins
Post by: Mister T on July 19, 2024, 07:33:10 PM
Yeah someone ordered me the set from the post office, although I see it's two sets - one for the Olympics and one for the Paralympics.
Title: RE: $2 Olypmic coins
Post by: Mister T on July 27, 2024, 11:18:50 AM
Anyone got them in change at Woolworths?
Title: RE: $2 Olypmic coins
Post by: jens coins on July 27, 2024, 12:04:14 PM
I have managed to get a couple each time I have shopped the last week.
All the same coin so far.
Wednesday should see the next coin out.
Title: RE: $2 Olypmic coins
Post by: humpybong on July 27, 2024, 03:03:34 PM
Yep.....I picked up the first one.

2nd one next week.
Title: RE: $2 Olypmic coins
Post by: Pedro on July 28, 2024, 07:21:14 AM
So far very tightly controlled this time around at our local Woolies - only giving out one at a time.

Pedro
Title: RE: $2 Olypmic coins
Post by: gweidion on July 29, 2024, 01:35:29 PM
Not at my Woolies. Lady in front of me asked for five and got them. I paid for my shopping and asked for a couple and got five in change.
I picked up the sets from Aust Post today so I don't need to bother. Plenty of stock there.