Australian-Coins Forum

Australian Coins, Banknotes and Exonumia => Australian Pre-Decimal Coins => Topic started by: Mister T on October 21, 2023, 08:00:49 AM

Title: 1916 mule halfpenny
Post by: Mister T on October 21, 2023, 08:00:49 AM
I saw that IAG auction 98 had a 1916 mule halfpenny listed and it seems to have sold for $35,500 (not including buyer's premium).

I haven't really tracked the prices of these but it seems like it sold fairly cheaply compared to the past.
Title: RE: 1916 mule halfpenny
Post by: autocoupler on October 21, 2023, 01:36:13 PM
Yes, only guessing, but I'm sure sales a few years ago were higher.
Title: RE: 1916 mule halfpenny
Post by: echidna on October 21, 2023, 03:45:09 PM
Yes that one sold cheap.
PCGS or NGC grading would have made a difference.
Title: RE: 1916 mule halfpenny
Post by: Mister T on October 21, 2023, 07:21:49 PM
Quote from: 'echidna' pid='128639' dateline='1697865309'PCGS or NGC grading would have made a difference.

Yeah okay.

I remember a dealer telling me years ago that he reckoned on of them was of dubious authenticity. Not saying it was this one but I assumed they were all reasonably accounted for.