Australian-Coins Forum

Australian Coins, Banknotes and Exonumia => Australian Banknotes => Topic started by: jens coins on December 18, 2021, 09:07:25 PM

Title: $5 2020 AA & EJ notes
Post by: jens coins on December 18, 2021, 09:07:25 PM
The $5 AA20 first prefix  & EJ20 last prefix are out in circulation now.
Title: RE: $5 2020 AA & EJ notes
Post by: Pedro on December 19, 2021, 07:07:03 AM
Thanks for the info Jen  :good:

Pedro
Title: RE: $5 2020 AA & EJ notes
Post by: Mister T on December 19, 2021, 07:37:14 AM
I'll keep my eyes out but I've still only seen 2016 $5 notes as yet.
Title: RE: $5 2020 AA & EJ notes
Post by: gweidion on December 19, 2021, 01:22:34 PM
I've got 16s and 19s. No idea where the 18s are but I'll watch for the 20s, thanks.
Title: RE: $5 2020 AA & EJ notes
Post by: Mister T on May 30, 2026, 08:44:38 PM
It took a while but I finally found a 2020 $5 note. Some creases but not too bad.
Title: RE: $5 2020 AA & EJ notes
Post by: Tanecoins on July 30, 2026, 01:01:51 PM
I bought some Aussie cash for my trip in a few weeks. None of it was dated after 2020, have you not had any issues since then?

I even got some of the old $20s (One from 2008) and $100, one was from 1998.

PS: Finally made it to 4 stars and senior member. Happy as I had been a "member" since 50 posts.
Title: RE: $5 2020 AA & EJ notes
Post by: jens coins on July 30, 2026, 06:54:46 PM
The newest dated notes are 2023. The RBA haven't updated their site for a couple of years.
https://banknotes.rba.gov.au/resources/for-collectors/serial-numbers/
Title: RE: $5 2020 AA & EJ notes
Post by: Mister T on September 07, 2026, 08:27:33 PM
Yeah no new notes in 2024 or 2025.

I got another 2020 $5 note last week.