The RBA have released the 2020 serial numbers.
Interesting they have done $5 notes for 2020 as the 2018 ones haven't been circulated as yet.
I have not seen any 2020 $20 notes in circulation yet.
There is a mistake for the $50 notes as the signature is Lowe/Gaetjens and not Lowe/Kennedy as printed.
RBA Banknotes: Serial Numbers (https://banknotes.rba.gov.au/resources/for-collectors/serial-numbers/)
The 2018 $5s may have gone the same way as the 2014s. Despite being listed on the RBA site I don't think any of 2014s ever appeared.
Pedro
Quote from: 'jens coins' pid='125577' dateline='1632047714'There is a mistake for the $50 notes as the signature is Lowe/Gaetjens and not Lowe/Kennedy as printed.
RBA Banknotes: Serial Numbers (https://banknotes.rba.gov.au/resources/for-collectors/serial-numbers/)
Someone must have got onto them quick smart as it's been corrected.
Sorry Nancy but I am still seeing Lowe Kennedy listed.
I misunderstood your original comment, but it appears that Lowe / Kennedy is currently correct as Gaetjens tenure as Secretary ended 19 Sep 2019. All the 2020 notes seem to be Lowe / Kennedy.
I have the $50 AA20 & EA20 Lowe/Gaetjens notes so that is why I know they have that signature on them.
It seemed strange at the time when I got them last year they had the Gaetjens signature on them.
RBA have updated the list to include both signatures for $50 2020 notes.
Latest banknotes numbers are out:
Serial Number Information
Denomination Prefix Serial Number Range Signatures Governor/Secretary to Treasury
$5 AA 21 – EJ 21 0000001 0786855 Lowe/Kennedy
$20 AA 21 – EA 21 0000001 0347323 Lowe/Kennedy
$50 AA 21 – EA 21 0000001 2184611 Lowe/Kennedy
$50 AA 21 – EA 21 2200000 5292426 Lowe/Kennedy
$100 AA 21 – EA 21 0000001 1459420 Lowe/Kennedy
So only the $5s and $20s worth collecting for 2021 then. Really it is the $20s by a mile.
I haven't seen any of the 2020 $20 notes yet.
I haven't seen any of the 2018 $5 notes yet.
Must be stockpiled somewhere.
Quote from: 'jens coins' pid='127252' dateline='1666942074'Latest banknotes numbers are out:
Serial Number Information
Denomination Prefix Serial Number Range Signatures Governor/Secretary to Treasury
$20 AA 21 – EA 21 0000001 0347323 Lowe/Kennedy
I have to admit I still have problems understanding the Australian way of banknote serial numbers. :blush:
Reading the ''manual'' didn't really help (perhaps my English is not so good afterall).
Anyway, does that mean 347.323 notes were printed or 2.083.938?
347,323 Ralf, but of each serial combination so it depends on where they stop. It is unlikely they go from AA to AZ etc all the way to EA but they might.
For those of us collecting first and last serials, there are only 347,323 of each AA21 and EA21.
Plenty if you aren't fussy about general serials like BA CD CF etc.
Interestingly they count from up from 0000001 now - they used to count down from 999999.
The letter prefixes are AA AB AC AD AE AF AG AH AI AJ AK AL AM BA BB etc only up to M for the second letter (most of the time).
That is still quite a lot of twenty dollar notes. I wish I could afford them all.
I'll be happy with a couple each of the AAs and the EAs.
someone has the complete set prefixes for the $5 2020 notes on ebay:
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/225217229752
[quote="jens coins" pid='127277' dateline='1667124119']
someone has the complete set prefixes for the $5 2020 notes on ebay:
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/225217229752
[/quote]
That must have taken some effort to put together.
Pedro
Quote from: 'gweidion' pid='127263' dateline='1667025186'347,323 Ralf, but of each serial combination so it depends on where they stop. It is unlikely they go from AA to AZ etc all the way to EA but they might.
For those of us collecting first and last serials, there are only 347,323 of each AA21 and EA21.
Plenty if you aren't fussy about general serials like BA CD CF etc.
Thanks for the information. :cool:
Why would anyone want horribly mangled notes?
The latest Reserve Bank serial numbers are out.
No banknotes were printed in 2022.
Only $50 and $100 notes were printed in 2023.
Interesting - a lot of it must be in storage because I'm really not seeing a lot of new stuff.