Hi from a new member & SUPER new coin obsessed individual
I've just started going through a collection that belonged to my late grandfather. My pop was very much a man of habit and had organised his coins with little notes next to each as to how he came to have it, what happened to it etc. But I have just found 2 coins that have some big markings on them that look nothing like anything I have seen on any error or variations. Being so fresh I have no idea what I'm looking at. Good chance this damage was caused post circulation - has anyone else seen something like this? I'd love to be able to finish off these last few notes for him. Thanks in advance!
Australia penny 1933
Australia halfpenny reads 193 (unfortunately last number cannot be seen)
Hello eyadillah,
The 1933 penny seems to have some deep gouge marks in it , so I'm thinking definitely PMD, as for the halfpenny, not sure, would you be able to post a clearer photo to have a look at please. Gunny
Hi Guys, good to see new coin collectors!
Yes a bigger and better image would help figuring that coin out.
Both coins seem to have had a hard life!
Fred.