I bet the seller will be doing the happy dance,My top was $300,it went past that with still minutes on the clock.
Bit crazy paying that much for it IMO,it'll be a long time before they see any substantial returns on it.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/271139624850?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_500wt_1182
O shinny incused 50c :drooling:
I was about to bid too. Could this be the fella who posted on CCF who found 3 in a roll ?
$275ish i would have gone too.
oooooohhhhhhhh
Dang I missed that one
Thats a very nice coin! But a very large price tag! Much more than i would have thought it was worth.
I see 6 separate bidders willing to take this coin over $300. PPH paid over $300 for the UNC coin of the same type that she got me a year ago. The top end for this coin is quite high, perhaps quite a bit higher than what some people expect it to be.
I agree with markn.
There are people who want *the best* examples they can get, so the market for top examples (of anything really - not just coins) is different to "average" examples.
I though $300-350 if fair but over $500 seems like alot of money to me.
Quote from: 'enworb' pid='7060' dateline='1358993728'I though $300-350 if fair but over $500 seems like alot of money to me.
It looks like a nice coin. If you interpreted the images poorly you'd assume the coin is a great grade, certainly better than the MS64 PPH bought me last year. Based on an over-inflated grade assumption there are many collectors who would happily pay strong money for the a coin they perceive to be much better than just UNC. I suggest you think about the difference in prices between a scrubber circulated wavy 20 ($200) and the PCGS MS65/MS66 coins that sold a year or two back for $4000+. You're talking about a difference in price of 15-20x. Applying the same factor for circulated incuse 50c (say $20-$30 value) you arrive at gem unc vaues of $300-$600.
That being said the images are a bit deceptive. The way the light is reflected from the coin surfaces can hide marks/scuffs and I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't look as good in hand. Mind you, it does look, very, very nice.
That being said the images are a bit deceptive. The way the light is reflected from the coin surfaces can hide marks/scuffs and I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't look as good in hand.
I bought one of these last year that had some attractive pic's but when I received it had a lot of minor scratches hidden by the way it was photographed.
It looked UNC-CH UNC but was only ef in hand :dash1:
Quotebought one of these last year that had some attractive pic's but when I received it had a lot of minor scratches hidden by the way it was photographed.
It looked UNC-CH UNC but was only ef in hand
I got caught with exactly the same scenario recently but luckily I only paid about $30 for it
Quote from: 'stevo1962' pid='7070' dateline='1359005869'Quotebought one of these last year that had some attractive pic's but when I received it had a lot of minor scratches hidden by the way it was photographed.
It looked UNC-CH UNC but was only ef in hand
I got caught with exactly the same scenario recently but luckily I only paid about $30 for it
No worries, $30 IS worth a punt tho :good:
:off_topic:
How did You grade that coin I sent you?
QuoteHow did You grade that coin I sent you?
Haven't got it yet.
Are you still buying Canberra florins because I might have one for you but you'll have to check it out -looks pretty good
PM sent
http://feedback.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=jacobsxy&ftab=AllFeedback&sspagename=VIP:feedback
I was a bit dubious on the buyer of this, and I have seen neg feedback was left as the seller refused to send more photos.
For someone who hadn't bought anything off eBay for a while, the feedback left for 2 recent sales is both negative. ..
Nasty.
Well the 1966 50 cent double sided coin was indeed a FAKE, machined IMO http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/321051650193?nma=true&si=J6Uuw%2Ffnyd25Mih23RbdknJF0TM%3D&rt=nc&_trksid=p4340.l2557&orig_cvip=true#ht_500wt_1288
But the other neg because he would'nt send more pics is a bit :scratch_one-s_head:
When I see listings like that fake double tailed 50c bid up like that I die a little bit inside. People are so stupid.
Yes, i get a sick feeling in my gut when i see that crap.
I don't get the neg for the incused though,did the buyer ask for pictures after the auction ? or did they ask during the auction & if that is the case,why did they continue to bid & win ? ,i guess we'll never know for sure but does seem like a bit of a vindictive nasty thing.
hey Fr, this buyer is the same buyer that ftruck commented on here
http://www.ozroundtable.com/index.php?topic=7086.0
both bringing ending in very high $$$
Hi Lacey
Yep, I saw that thread which is why i checked the feedback of the incused because i noticed it was the same buyer (as I had bid on the coin I could see who won it)
I recall I checked their quicksales feedback too a while back as they had some coins for sale, i didn't end up buying from them.