(https://www.australian-coins.net/gallery/albums/userpics/10055/160/Old_bag.JPG)
When this old (pre-$2) bag was in my noodling kitty I got to wondering how many versions of these change bags there have been over the years. In idle moment I checked my spares stash and was surprised.
The answer is...... many variations on this theme;
•Not just red and black but different shades of red
•Different fonts
•Different order of denominations and wording
•A few with bank names on them -I think none of them from Australian banks though
•Thick and thin 'zips'
•Wide and narrow top flaps with different number and sizes of ribs
There would be a large number of possible permutations.
I presume different banks having different suppliers (or having changed suppliers at some time) would be the main reason for these variations. Maybe some middle management person is justifying his* position by "improving" the design when re-ordering. :P *A women would, of course, do something actually productive instead.
So there you go boys and girls a completely untapped, new collecting field for you. I might add a sample of each to my different coin wrappers or, then again, maybe not.
I keep a number of them as well, especially those for 1 and 2 cent coins. I'm fairly certain I have an ANZ bag so some local banks did use their own names (great advertising when the bags end up in rival banks).
Hrm.... I have a full box from a friendly teller who obviously got fed up with the rate I was going through them.
Packyboxyitis, anyone?
Also tiny bags labelled "$1 of COPPER or $2 of 5¢".