Australian-Coins Forum

Australian Coins, Banknotes and Exonumia => Australian Decimal Circulating Coins => Topic started by: autocoupler on June 16, 2018, 09:46:49 AM

Title: RE: First coins for 2017
Post by: autocoupler on June 16, 2018, 09:46:49 AM
Received a 2018 50 cent in change yesterday, and from the look of it it's been doing the rounds for a while.
Title: 2018 Coins found in Circulation
Post by: Nevol on June 17, 2018, 07:59:31 AM
None so far from me, but I moved the above post from the 2017 thread.
Title: RE: 2018 Coins found in Circulation
Post by: Triggersmob on June 17, 2018, 08:31:48 AM
None here in Perth either. :(
Title: RE: 2018 Coins found in Circulation
Post by: Mister T on June 17, 2018, 10:53:44 AM
Someone on CCF said they found something in Melbourne - I can't find the post now but it was a 5c or 50c.
Nothing from me though.
Title: RE: 2018 Coins found in Circulation
Post by: jens coins on June 17, 2018, 11:18:00 AM
This was on CCF and was from Melbourne

Post your Australian circulation finds (https://www.coincommunity.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=318659)

Graeme (https://www.coincommunity.com/forum/pop_profile.asp?mode=display&id=14380)
Valued Member
Australia
101 Posts
[img=8x10]https://www.coincommunity.com/forum/images/icon_posticon.gif[/img] Posted 05/17/2018  06:33 am  [img=15x15]https://www.coincommunity.com/forum/images/icon_profile.gif[/img] (https://www.coincommunity.com/forum/pop_profile.asp?mode=display&id=14380)  (https://www.coincommunity.com/forum/images/icon_user_posts.gif) (https://www.coincommunity.com/forum/showuserposts.asp?MEMBER_ID=14380) [img=16x15]https://www.coincommunity.com/forum/images/icon_favorites.gif[/img] [img=20x19]https://www.coincommunity.com/forum/images/icon_friends.gif[/img] [img=16x16]https://www.coincommunity.com/forum/images/icon_link_me.gif[/img]
Found my first 2018 5 cent while noodling tonight
Title: RE: 2018 Coins found in Circulation
Post by: Mister T on June 17, 2018, 07:10:02 PM
Ah that's it - so at least two to look out for - or rather all I guess as those swaps happened in the last month or two.
Title: RE: 2018 Coins found in Circulation
Post by: Hercules on June 20, 2018, 12:07:44 AM
Quote from: 'Mister T' pid='115776' dateline='1529228402'Ah that's it - so at least two to look out for - or rather all I guess as those swaps happened in the last month or two.

Yeah... all the Victorians and Tasmanians who only wanted one of each are putting the rest back into the pond. It will be a while until they make it up here, though.
Title: RE: 2018 Coins found in Circulation
Post by: Cougar on August 10, 2018, 05:14:11 PM
I received a 2018 20c coin this past week. That's the first 2018 coin for me.
Title: RE: 2018 Coins found in Circulation
Post by: JeffH on August 10, 2018, 05:28:54 PM
I got a 2018 50¢ today. First for me in change.
Title: RE: 2018 Coins found in Circulation
Post by: Mister T on August 16, 2018, 08:26:54 PM
Saw a 2018 ANZAC $1 this week.
Title: RE: 2018 Coins found in Circulation
Post by: keldaw on August 17, 2018, 09:29:10 AM
Quote from: 'Mister T' pid='116383' dateline='1534417014'Saw a 2018 ANZAC $1 this week.

 mister t , I have 5 2018 Anzac,s , so they are now moving around in Caboolture now .

plus another 4 at the post office this morning .  :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:
Title: RE: 2018 Coins found in Circulation
Post by: Nevol on August 22, 2018, 07:55:46 AM
I received my first 2018 coin yesterday in change. $1 ANZAC, condition is so-so.
Title: RE: 2018 Coins found in Circulation
Post by: Triggersmob on August 22, 2018, 07:12:29 PM
Nice find Nancy. I still haven't seen any 2018 in Perth and only a few 50c and one $2 from 2017. :(
Title: RE: 2018 Coins found in Circulation
Post by: Mister T on August 25, 2018, 06:42:48 AM
I got a plain 50c from a roll.
So far for me:
50c - plain
$1 - ANZAC

But I got the bags from the pop-up shop so I'm not so concerned this year.
Title: RE: 2018 Coins found in Circulation
Post by: runway on August 26, 2018, 09:06:09 PM
2018 Anzac $1 from the RAM Mint Cafe on Saturday x 2
Title: RE: 2018 Coins found in Circulation
Post by: Mister T on September 07, 2018, 08:56:58 PM
So 5c, 20c, 50c and ANZAC $1 reported so far - I guess we'll have all denominations if the bags from the road-show are to be believed.
Title: RE: 2018 Coins found in Circulation
Post by: Unicorn on September 07, 2018, 11:28:47 PM
Well done, not yet a one from me .... I saw my first 2017 20c today. Things must be slow up my way.
Title: RE: 2018 Coins found in Circulation
Post by: Triggersmob on September 08, 2018, 09:42:52 AM
Quote from: 'Unicorn' pid='116664' dateline='1536328727'...Things must be slow up my way.

Ditto. :(
Title: RE: 2018 Coins found in Circulation
Post by: runway on September 08, 2018, 09:54:08 PM
Found a 2018 20c today
Title: RE: 2018 Coins found in Circulation
Post by: Mister T on September 09, 2018, 01:46:00 PM
Saw another ANZAC $1 today.
Title: RE: 2018 Coins found in Circulation
Post by: Mister T on September 14, 2018, 08:24:45 PM
I saw a plain dollar the other day.
Title: RE: 2018 Coins found in Circulation
Post by: Mister T on November 10, 2018, 06:57:57 AM
Got my first 20c the other day. Other than that there hasn't been much yet.
Title: RE: 2018 Coins found in Circulation
Post by: Pedro on November 10, 2018, 07:36:56 AM
Very quiet on this front. Haven't seen any 2018s as yet.

Pedro
Title: RE: 2018 Coins found in Circulation
Post by: Mister T on November 10, 2018, 09:17:32 AM
Just looked through a family member's tin and found a 2018 5c piece too. When it rains it pours I guess.
So far from me:
5c
20c
50c
$1
$1 (ANZAC)
Title: RE: 2018 Coins found in Circulation
Post by: Unicorn on November 10, 2018, 09:44:22 AM
Way to go Mr T!!! :good:

Just the one Anzac for me so far.
Title: RE: 2018 Coins found in Circulation
Post by: Triggersmob on November 10, 2018, 10:15:16 AM
Numismatically, it is all quiet on the western front.
I have not seen any 2018 coins in circulation and,
in fact, I still haven't seen most of the 2017 coins. :(
Title: RE: 2018 Coins found in Circulation
Post by: Ozcoins on November 11, 2018, 07:31:56 AM
I received a 2018 20c in change yesterday.
Title: RE: 2018 Coins found in Circulation
Post by: Mister T on November 11, 2018, 10:18:11 AM
Quote from: 'Unicorn' pid='117451' dateline='1541805262'Way to go Mr T!!! :good:

Just the one Anzac for me so far.

It's November - about time they started showing up.
Title: RE: 2018 Coins found in Circulation
Post by: Hercules on November 12, 2018, 11:52:43 AM
I haven't noodled for a while, but I have found the 5c and 20c in change.
Title: RE: 2018 Coins found in Circulation
Post by: Hercules on November 12, 2018, 11:56:55 AM
BTW I still haven't seen the 2017 5c or 10c yet, so I'm probably going to have to noodle them.
Title: RE: 2018 Coins found in Circulation
Post by: Pedro on November 12, 2018, 04:55:33 PM
[quote="Hercules" pid='117472' dateline='1541986015']
BTW I still haven't seen the 2017 5c or 10c yet, so I'm probably going to have to noodle them.
[/quote]

Same here Hercules. With their supposed mintages you would have thought that they should have been reasonably common.

A 2018 elder $2 landed in my change today so we're off and racing finally.

Pedro
Title: RE: 2018 Coins found in Circulation
Post by: fred lever on November 13, 2018, 06:50:12 AM
Hi, got a 2018 20c piece yesterday, its the only 2018 coin I've seen in change.
Fred.
Title: RE: 2018 Coins found in Circulation
Post by: jozk123 on November 13, 2018, 08:09:27 AM
Last week I got a 5c and 20c.
Sunday I got a $2 Armistice
Title: RE: 2018 Coins found in Circulation
Post by: Mister T on November 13, 2018, 08:25:31 PM
Yeah I've only seen one 2017 10c at all.
The 2017 5c seems common enough now though (in rolls at least).
Title: RE: 2018 Coins found in Circulation
Post by: JeffH on November 17, 2018, 06:07:54 AM
So far my "haul" from change and noodling is;
•20¢ x 3
•50¢ x 1
•$1 MoR x 1
•$1 100 Years of ANZAC x 3
•$2 Commonwealth Games (various) x 5
•Not one "A", "U", or "S" $1. Even though they are dated 2019 they have already been issued into circulation.

Well still six weeks to go for finding more in the year of issue.
Title: RE: 2018 Coins found in Circulation
Post by: Mister T on November 17, 2018, 08:19:30 AM
I got four 20c pieces from 12 rolls today. No more 50c pieces though.
Title: RE: 2018 Coins found in Circulation
Post by: Hercules on November 17, 2018, 12:39:18 PM
Who said they were going to be distributed evenly, Jeff? Your area probably won't receive the A U S coins in change until after the competition closes.
Title: RE: 2018 Coins found in Circulation
Post by: runway on November 19, 2018, 09:12:59 PM
Quote from: 'Hercules' pid='117542' dateline='1542420558'Who said they were going to be distributed evenly, Jeff? Your area probably won't receive the A U S coins in change until after the competition closes.

Distribution was all in jumbo bags and Brisbane and Adelaide seem to have got most
Title: RE: 2018 Coins found in Circulation
Post by: Mister T on November 20, 2018, 07:42:16 PM
Got an eternal flame $2 and a plain 20c as well as a 2019S $1 from a family member today.
Title: RE: 2018 Coins found in Circulation
Post by: Mister T on December 01, 2018, 08:32:27 AM
I've had a few more 5c and 20c pieces and even a couple of Invictus Games $2 coins. Maybe the lack of colour makes people not notice them.
Title: RE: 2018 Coins found in Circulation
Post by: autocoupler on December 01, 2018, 11:25:56 PM
The Wife came home with a $2 eternal flame as well as a $2 poppy. I don't usually look for these but all good  :yahoo:
Title: RE: 2018 Coins found in Circulation
Post by: Mister T on December 06, 2018, 08:31:59 PM
Got another plain dollar the other day.
Title: RE: 2018 Coins found in Circulation
Post by: Mister T on December 08, 2018, 10:14:51 AM
Still seeing a few plain 20c pieces as well (seem to be the most common).
Got a plain dollar from a poker machine last night too but the majority of new stuff was 2016 or 2017.
Title: RE: 2018 Coins found in Circulation
Post by: Nevol on December 08, 2018, 10:19:07 AM
Got 1 each MoR, 20c, & 5c from my son today.
Title: RE: 2018 Coins found in Circulation
Post by: nealeffendi on December 08, 2018, 10:58:00 AM
Picked up last night (from the floor of the bar) an eternal flame and then( from the change slot of a cigarette machine) the 1918 Anzac. 2 nice coins for free :yahoo: All the change I find helps compensate for dealing with idiots as hotel security. Needed this :police_car: and the ambos after one patron bashed another (blood pouring from head and spinal injuries) near closing time.
Title: RE: 2018 Coins found in Circulation
Post by: runway on December 13, 2018, 10:45:55 PM
The 2018 10c is the only circulating coin I haven't found yet ... these will be the new 2011 rarity I believe
Title: RE: 2018 Coins found in Circulation
Post by: Mister T on December 28, 2018, 05:50:58 PM
So far from me:
5c
20c
50c
$1
$1 (ANZAC)
$2
$2 (Invictus)

Probably some other $2 coins too - too hard to keep track of them.
Still seeing plenty of 5c and 20c pieces. Not many of the 50c pieces and still no 10c pieces.
Title: RE: 2018 Coins found in Circulation
Post by: Mister T on January 12, 2019, 09:18:17 PM
I saw one of the 2018 poppy $2 coins for the first time today.
I also saw another 2017 10c - just the third, but I let it go as it had a few small bag-marks.
Title: RE: 2018 Coins found in Circulation
Post by: runway on January 12, 2019, 11:42:07 PM
2018 5c 20c 50c and $1 found but no 10c or $2
Title: RE: 2018 Coins found in Circulation
Post by: Pedro on January 22, 2019, 05:32:43 PM
Finally came up with my first 2018 20c in change today.

Pedro
Title: RE: 2018 Coins found in Circulation
Post by: tooloot on April 13, 2019, 05:57:53 PM
I still haven't met someone who's found a 2018 10c in change/whole noodling. Is there anyone out there that has?
Title: RE: 2018 Coins found in Circulation
Post by: runway on April 13, 2019, 10:13:37 PM
Quote from: 'tooloot' pid='119122' dateline='1555144073'I still haven't met someone who's found a 2018 10c in change/whole noodling. Is there anyone out there that has?
I haven't found one either they will be low mintage just like the 2011 10c  :sportbike:
Title: RE: 2018 Coins found in Circulation
Post by: Pedro on April 14, 2019, 07:32:17 AM
No, still haven't come across one either.

Pedro
Title: RE: 2018 Coins found in Circulation
Post by: Mister T on April 14, 2019, 07:14:09 PM
I'm not sure - I might have seen one but if I did that was probably it.
Not that I look at many 10c pieces.