Australian-Coins Forum

Trading Forums => Buy / Sell / Trade / Wanted => Topic started by: Goldseeker on February 16, 2018, 10:14:15 PM

Title: Wanted "You Are A Star" Box
Post by: Goldseeker on February 16, 2018, 10:14:15 PM
If anyone has a "You Are A Star Box for the Melbourne Centenary Dollar spare or knows someone who has one for sale, please PM me.

TIA.

If I can secure one, that would complete my "box" requirements.
Title: RE: Wanted "You Are A Star" Box
Post by: purplepennyhunter on February 17, 2018, 08:06:00 AM
They are not cheap Goldy. I don't even recall having seen one sell anywhere recently.
Title: RE: Wanted "You Are A Star" Box
Post by: bellyflorin on February 17, 2018, 08:25:20 AM
The last one i saw up for sale they wanted $5k, i think it was Universal Coins ?
Title: RE: Wanted "You Are A Star" Box
Post by: purplepennyhunter on February 17, 2018, 01:17:01 PM
Downies sold one in Nov 2015 auction 320 aunc coin and box for $4,200 plus comm.
Title: RE: Wanted "You Are A Star" Box
Post by: nealeffendi on February 18, 2018, 02:35:06 AM
Klaus Ford had one for sale recently in top grade (with price to match)
Title: RE: Wanted "You Are A Star" Box
Post by: Goldseeker on February 18, 2018, 07:44:09 AM
if one wants something, then one must be able to have the funds to secure one.

It is the only "speciality box/case" that I need now.

I know it will cost me but please, please, don't say anything to the wife.
Title: RE: Wanted "You Are A Star" Box
Post by: seedyrom on February 18, 2018, 08:37:11 AM
That's when you just print your own receipt showing a cost of $40. ;)
Title: RE: Wanted "You Are A Star" Box
Post by: Goldseeker on February 19, 2018, 08:14:29 PM
There was a auction at one of the Hotels in Melbourne here a couple of years ago and I put in a bid on the You Are A Star pakiboxis and coin of $1200.00.

Didn't stand a chance as the thing went for $3,000.00 plus.

Another coin dealer here in Melbourne had a damaged box for $800.00 something and I passed that in as it would have cost a bit to get it restored and a restored item does not hold a good price.

Blast it, I should have taken it.

If anyone sees one for sale/auction, I wouldn't mind a reminder or link to the sale.

TIA.
Title: RE: Wanted "You Are A Star" Box
Post by: Mister T on March 18, 2018, 07:11:59 AM
To echo what nealeffendi said I just got an email from Klaus Ford with a Centenary Florin and Star presentation box for sale for $32,500 (the high price is because the florin as advertised as having a nipple - you can compare with https://collections.museumvictoria.com.au/items/55860).
Title: RE: Wanted "You Are A Star" Box
Post by: bellyflorin on July 17, 2018, 04:16:06 PM
hey Goldseeker are you still looking for a Star presentation box there's a damage one selling with a 34/35 centenary florin on ebay https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Australuan-Centenary-Florin-with-presentation-case-/332712329314?_trksid=p2385738.m4383.l4275.c10
Title: RE: Wanted "You Are A Star" Box
Post by: Goldseeker on July 17, 2018, 07:28:22 PM
Yes I still am but the person "who thinks she is in charge" has put her foot down and says NO.

Tis a pity, I would go for it and then have the box restored.

Damn.
Title: RE: Wanted "You Are A Star" Box
Post by: runway on July 17, 2018, 08:09:40 PM
Quote from: 'bellyflorin' pid='116070' dateline='1531809966'hey Goldseeker are you still looking for a Star presentation box there's a damage one selling with a 34/35 centenary florin on ebay https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Australuan-Centenary-Florin-with-presentation-case-/332712329314?_trksid=p2385738.m4383.l4275.c10
ITEM NO LONGER AVAILABLE AND SELLER CANNOT EVEN SPELL CORRECTLY SO WOULD BE DODGY  :@
Title: RE: Wanted "You Are A Star" Box
Post by: Fulvio on July 18, 2018, 02:09:04 PM
I'm not surprised she said no.

These things are basically stock standard jewellery boxes with inserts and printing added. Hard to see any justification for the insane prices.