Australian-Coins Forum

World Coins, Banknotes and Exonumia => World Errors and Varieties => Topic started by: Thecollectible on March 25, 2017, 06:18:36 PM

Title: Multiple errors dragon dollar silver coin
Post by: Thecollectible on March 25, 2017, 06:18:36 PM
Please check it out on the scans below and let me knows of what you think later there

The other scans
Title: RE: Multiple errors dragon dollar silver coin
Post by: ausjack on March 25, 2017, 07:36:27 PM
I don't know much about asian coins sorry but I do like the die cracks and looks like there might be a die clash on the reverse side to the dragon.
Title: RE: Multiple errors dragon dollar silver coin
Post by: Triggersmob on March 25, 2017, 08:56:35 PM
There is a lot of fakes of these coins on the market. They sell them to tourists.
This is probably one of them, but I'm no expert. How much does it weigh?

https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces17762.html

Here is a folder full of these types coins that I just happen to have sitting on my desk.

(http://www.australian-coins.net/gallery/albums/userpics/10113/Chinese_Tourist_Coins.jpg)
Title: RE: Multiple errors dragon dollar silver coin
Post by: Thecollectible on March 26, 2017, 06:05:14 PM
These is authentic to be honest with you as myself is expert for identifying whether it is genuine or not but you choose to believe is up to you
Title: RE: Multiple errors dragon dollar silver coin
Post by: Triggersmob on March 26, 2017, 08:03:20 PM
Quote from: 'Thecollectible' pid='107111' dateline='1490513714'These is authentic to be honest with you as myself is expert for identifying whether it is genuine or not but you choose to believe is up to you

Like I said, I'm no expert, but if you are, then that is OK. :)
Title: RE: Multiple errors dragon dollar silver coin
Post by: Thecollectible on March 27, 2017, 04:43:08 PM
The coin weight is about twinty six point six grams while for fake pieces are having the same weight similary to those real pieces that cannot depend on weight anymore
Title: RE: Multiple errors dragon dollar silver coin
Post by: robbiegal on March 27, 2017, 07:25:46 PM
Yes they do require expertise
I have been caught out with these coins so I no longer dabble with them
Title: RE: Multiple errors dragon dollar silver coin
Post by: Thecollectible on March 28, 2017, 04:53:13 PM
Please do beware for these fake chinese silver coins which are having of same diameter thickness and weight exactly the same to those real coins from china there
Title: RE: Multiple errors dragon dollar silver coin
Post by: Thecollectible on March 29, 2017, 05:23:44 PM
These silver coin is counterfeit with crack lines after realise something to be honest
Title: RE: Multiple errors dragon dollar silver coin
Post by: Thecollectible on March 30, 2017, 04:33:06 PM
Please stay away from the ancient chinese silver coins except that you are consider expert to identify there
Title: RE: Multiple errors dragon dollar silver coin
Post by: Thecollectible on March 31, 2017, 06:03:58 PM
Thank you for your participation there