Mint sport maybe ?
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/3-PENCE-BROCKAGE-COPPER-PLANCHET-AUSTRALIAN-/320980729295?pt=AU_Coins2&hash=item4abbf13dcf&BackToListReferer=http%3A%2F%2Fmy.ebay.com.au%2Fws%2FeBayISAPI.dll%3FMyEbayBeta#ht_481wt_1417
Someone has pushed a 3d into a bit of bronze or copper using a hydraulic press would be the most likely answer.
I agree with Markn, It is a "Shed job" looks like a sanded and polished 2 cent coin was used as the planchet and was produced in a banch press.
This would account for the mirror imaging and the incused efect on this "Coin".
I just bet some poor bugger buys this.[/align]
Yes my first instinct was a shed job,then i thought maybe mint sport on a halfpenny planchet as i got a threepence & a halfpenny out & compared ( sat the 3p on the half ) & it looked to have the same measurement size difference etc.
I agree some poor bugga will get sucked in by this though.
Just jumping on the end of this one. Had this for awhile.
(http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t13/compassnorth/Picture006.jpg)
I have had it under a digal microscope, this is the image from it.
Possibly a broken 3 on a 1973 2 cent piece.
the ebay link must be a joke is it?
NOT FOR SALE SOME C*** H*** SAYS IS A FRAUD SO DO NOT BID AS IT WILL NOT BE SOLD THE TOKEN I HAVE FOR SALE ALSO WILL NOT BE SOLD EITHER SO DO NOT BID AS SOME ONE THAT IS THE NANNY OF EBAY SAYS ITS A FRAUD THEY WOULD KNOW AS THEY PROBABLY SELL THEM
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/3-PENCE-BROCKAGE-COPPER-PLANCHET-AUSTRALIAN-/320980729295?pt=AU_Coins2&hash=item4abbf13dcf&BackToListReferer=http%3A%2F%2Fmy.ebay.com.au%2Fws%2FeBayISAPI.dll%3FMyEbayB​eta#ht_481wt_1417
:laughingneqw:
Here is another one thats worth a good :laughingneqw:
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ERROR-PENNY-VERY-SCARCE-/110951273629?pt=AU_Coins2&hash=item19d536149d#ht_1573wt_1320
The second one I would assume, would have been filed down and used as a spacer for something heavy, along with a second coin which was squeezed into it; I can clearly see a reverse-incuse "OMN" from an earlier style halfpenny, running from the first A of Australia down to the roo's head.
As for the first one, why didn't they simply cancel the listing, instead of editing it to shreds and leaving it there as some sort of weird protest?
:kez_11:
Yes,a bit foolish by the seller to put that rubbish up,maybe their trying to use it to get the other party in trouble with ebay ? maybe who knows.
I've read about this one on another forum somewhere. A 1971 50c being sold as struck on a copper planchet.
eBay listing copper planchet 50c (http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1971-50c-Australian-Error-Coin-Struck-copper-planchet-penny-rare-only-1-of-/280963057722?pt=AU_Coins2&hash=item416ab4083a#ht_742wt_1397)
Recently a 20c was sold advertised as also being struck on a copper planchet. That one, however was slabbed by PCGS as being struck on a sintered or improperly annealed planchet which is a surface coating of copper and not an incorrect or off-metal planchet.
Further to this rather longwinded story markn was walking through the park yesterday and there it was, a wrong planchet error right before his eyes. How much would this fetch on eBay??
(http://www.timeclockmts.com/coins/australia-2008-10c-brown-trousers.jpg)
QuoteHow much would this fetch on eBay??
Put it on and let's see.:laugh2:
Jeff
St George Auctions Louis Laurie Borg who the hell is he?
Quote from: 'jumpydj' pid='794' dateline='1348402978'St George Auctions Louis Laurie Borg who the hell is he?
An Aussie wanker.....
Whats the story with this coin then ?
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Misstrike-Papua-New-Guinea-20-Kina-coin-/300780606050?pt=AU_Coins2&hash=item4607ebd262#ht_500wt_1182
A strike thru something?
Yes struck through another coin or coin blank. An indent error. I was the first bidder. I was only prepared to go to $83.95. Good luck to the winner, they wanted it more than me.;)
I was'nt sure it was genuine so i did'nt bid.
No I wasn't 100% sure myself without seeing it in person. Looks quite genuine from the images though and pretty hard to fake. It looks as though it may possibly have been cleaned also. Bigger images would have helped decide both issues. There are 2 Aussie examples of indents on the decimal error thread for those who haven't seen them yet.
Yeah,the surface of the indent look right,like you said better pics plus more info would have helped.
I hope it's genuine. I bought it.
So there's a pretty big chance we'll get to see bigger better photo's when you get it.:good:
Quote from: 'accumulator' pid='849' dateline='1348527255'So there's a pretty big chance we'll get to see bigger better photo's when you get it.:good:
More than likely :wavemulticolor: