With the plethora of dodgy numismatic sellers out there, I wanted to know if there are any resources/websites/books out there that list which security companies rolled coins in certain years? Would be handy before purchasing certain rolls. Thanks in advance
Quote from: 'tooloot' pid='96748' dateline='1472865768'With the plethora of dodgy numismatic sellers out there, I wanted to know if there are any resources/websites/books out there that list which security companies rolled coins in certain years? Would be handy before purchasing certain rolls. Thanks in advance
AFAIK, nothing like that exists. And even if it did, you'd need much more detail. The paper has changed many times, and Armaguard for one has been known to load it backwards, producing plain rolls. :dash1:
there is absolutely nothing stopping people from re rolling coins using various different papers.
Quote from: 'trout' pid='96758' dateline='1472866425'there is absolutely nothing stopping people from re rolling coins using various different papers.
Yup. Though your intent would have an impact.
I mean, rolling 2016 coins in 20-year-old paper wouldn't be the brightest move if you were out to deceive. ;)
Hrm.. wonder if this warrants another PDF, or at least an addition to the Decimal Mintages? I was going to add bag weights anyway, after all the checkout chicks with scales in front of them opened bags
(including sealed ones) to count the coins in them. :dash1:
Thanks guys.