Hi guys.
Interesting find noodling today - I found this 2001 $1 coin with what appears to be a stamp of the letter "F" on the obverse. Has anyone ever seen this before? Any idea what this might be? I'm really fascinated by this!
(http://imgur.com/w4U5z7d)
(http://imgur.com/9CLHfso)
Sorry new to this and not sure why the image isn't showing up in the thread - you can go to the weblink to see images on imgur
I think someone has just taken to it with a stamp.
Post Mint Damage in my opinion.
I can't see your images :(
Quote from: 'trout' pid='88569' dateline='1463055489'I can't see your images :(
If you right click the image area and open in a new window, it will take you to imgur to see the images
Quote from: 'tooloot' pid='88571' dateline='1463056256'If you right click the image area and open in a new window, it will take you to imgur to see the images
With Imgur, you need to include the extension, in this case .jpg, to get the image rather than the page containing the image. Like so:
(http://i.imgur.com/9CLHfso.jpg)
And yes, this is a counterstamp applied by someone other than the mint, and counts as PMD. There was quite a discussion about these here a while back, and many of us do keep them when we come across them.
It could have been stamped by someone to denote that the coin is no good :laugh2::diablo:
Thanks for helping along with getting the photos up - I'll get there eventually!
And thanks, this is a fascinating coin, even if PMD!
I think the "F" stands for False.
:yahoo:
Quote from: 'tooloot' pid='88588' dateline='1463067443'And thanks, this is a fascinating coin, even if PMD!
Mmmm.. dunno about that. I hear you can order them in bulk from the
Trout Mintâ„¢. :angel:
:laugh2: McDuck
But why stop there when you can buy a "create your own" kit from Supercheap!
(http://www.australian-coins.net/gallery/albums/userpics/11067/punch1.jpg)
Available in assorted sizes and cheap as chips.
After Trout got his set he became the "Man from La Puncha", a modern day Don Quixote.
Quote from: 'Unicorn' pid='88629' dateline='1463113048'After Trout got his set he became the "Man from La Puncha", a modern day Don Quixote.
ROFL! :laugh2: Good one, mate.:ok:
QuoteAfter Trout got his set he became the "Man from La Puncha", a modern day Don Quixote.
Aw come on Guys, you know I get all my tools from Bunnings and you Blokes swore you would keep my "Shed" secret.
Blimy , a bloke has a bit of a "Nanna Nap" then wakes up to all his secrets exposed, What on earth is the world coming too :angel:
Quote from: 'trout' pid='88643' dateline='1463121404'wakes up to all his secrets exposed,
Nah, we didn't tell them ALL your secrets... like how you like to play 'dress-ups' when the missus is away.
WHUPS! My bad. :angel: