Australian-Coins Forum

Australian Coins, Banknotes and Exonumia => Australian Decimal Circulating Coins => Topic started by: ADMISLSE on February 20, 2016, 04:10:49 PM

Title: 2014 $2 coin without "2" only " 014"
Post by: ADMISLSE on February 20, 2016, 04:10:49 PM
All happened in Auckland International Airport when I was coming back from a family vacation, after received some coins change, like always, had a look at each one of them, noticed some difference on one coin, then realised it is actual Australian $2 coin, even more interesting, I could only see three digits, a precious mistake coin, 2014 without "2" only " 014", I tried calm myself down, lol, it is not, just a really really really weak struck on "2" but can barely see it.

[attachment=3408]
Title: RE: 2014 $2 coin without "2" only " 014"
Post by: Nevol on February 20, 2016, 04:20:35 PM
Filled Die I think.
Title: RE: 2014 $2 coin without "2" only " 014"
Post by: JeffH on February 20, 2016, 04:32:56 PM
:agreed: It's defective -whatever you do, don't spend it. Definitely a keeper.
Title: RE: 2014 $2 coin without "2" only " 014"
Post by: Ozcoins on February 29, 2016, 07:53:49 AM
Nice find!
Title: RE: 2014 $2 coin without "2" only " 014"
Post by: LooseChange on March 04, 2016, 11:27:05 PM
I would love to find that in my change, lucky bugger.