Australian-Coins Forum

World Coins, Banknotes and Exonumia => World Banknotes => Topic started by: ausjack on April 11, 2015, 08:39:24 AM

Title: show me your smallest bank note
Post by: ausjack on April 11, 2015, 08:39:24 AM
these are mine :)
(http://i62.tinypic.com/22zvab.jpg)
Title: RE: show me your smallest bank note
Post by: Triggersmob on April 11, 2015, 10:12:21 AM
Without going and actually checking, I think this is my smallest note.

A 1/4 Dinar from Kuwait.

(http://www.australian-coins.net/gallery/albums/userpics/10113/Kuwait_1.JPG)
Title: RE: show me your smallest bank note
Post by: Robster on April 11, 2015, 10:26:34 AM
(http://i1343.photobucket.com/albums/o787/robster836/Pre%20Decimals/013_zpsjjsz6qlh.png)

Small and scruffy, Pakistan 1 Rupee.! (approx. 3 inches)
Title: RE: show me your smallest bank note
Post by: ausjack on April 11, 2015, 11:04:38 AM
Sweet, keep'em coming :)
Wasn't that we seek US assistance on the kuwait, and sounds like me Robster, ok maybe not so small but definitely scruffy :)
Title: RE: show me your smallest bank note
Post by: Triggersmob on April 11, 2015, 11:25:56 AM
OK , I got off my butt and went and checked.
The Kuwait note is not my smallest.
These are my smallest at 79mm high.
Austrian notgeld notes.

1920 50 Heller
(http://www.australian-coins.net/gallery/albums/userpics/10113/1920_Austria_50_Heller_Notgeld.jpg)

1920 20 Heller
(http://www.australian-coins.net/gallery/albums/userpics/10113/1920_Austria_20_Heller_Notgeld.jpg)

1920 10 Heller
(http://www.australian-coins.net/gallery/albums/userpics/10113/1920_Austria_10_Heller_Notgeld.jpg)

These ones are a little bigger than the notgeld, but smaller than the Kuwait note.

1945 Japanese Military Currency - 10 Sen
(http://www.australian-coins.net/gallery/albums/userpics/10113/1945_Japan_28Allied_Military_Currency292C_10_Sen2C_P63.JPG)

1944 France Allied Military Currency - 2 Francs
(http://www.australian-coins.net/gallery/albums/userpics/10113/1944_France_28Allied_Military_Currency292C_2_Francs2C__P114.JPG)

Germany One Mark
(http://www.australian-coins.net/gallery/albums/userpics/10113/Germany_One_Mark.JPG)

Egypt 5 Piastres
(http://www.australian-coins.net/gallery/albums/userpics/10113/Egypt_5_Piastres.JPG)
Title: RE: show me your smallest bank note
Post by: Sapyx on April 11, 2015, 11:36:43 AM
My smallest banknote - well, it's listed in the Pick catalogues so I'm calling it a "banknote" - is a Russian Empire 3 kopeks stamp-note. I keep it in the regular coin-sized 2x2 I bought it in.

[attachment=3208]

To make them, they used the "usual" postage stamp printing plates, but regular un-gummed paper with a redemption notice on the back.
Title: RE: show me your smallest bank note
Post by: Triggersmob on April 11, 2015, 11:53:46 AM
Thanks for showing that Sap. I haven't seen one of those before. As I collect stamps too, that would be a real cross-over piece.
Title: RE: show me your smallest bank note
Post by: kchan1111 on April 11, 2015, 11:56:18 AM
My smallest are some of the German Notgelds, with some depicting unfathomable scenes of domesticity.

(http://www.australian-coins.net/gallery/albums/userpics/11226/German_Notegeld.jpg)
Title: RE: show me your smallest bank note
Post by: ausjack on April 11, 2015, 03:20:37 PM
Gee some awesome notes there team and thanks heaps for playing and Sap that's pretty cool alright :good:
Title: RE: show me your smallest bank note
Post by: Bigfellani5 on April 13, 2015, 10:07:34 PM
I have a lot of small notgeld. How about 1/4 rupee from cocos and keeling islands. Interesting thing about this is a direct relation of clues-Ross sold me some coin at my shop about 6 months ago. Lives near Maitland
Title: RE: show me your smallest bank note
Post by: proof27 on May 19, 2015, 07:37:59 PM
[attachment=3231]
I have the complete set.
Title: RE: show me your smallest bank note
Post by: ausjack on May 19, 2015, 07:55:13 PM
:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: your a shocker, love ya work p27 :)
Title: RE: show me your smallest bank note
Post by: proof27 on May 19, 2015, 07:57:05 PM
Thought you might like that AJ
Title: RE: show me your smallest bank note
Post by: ausjack on May 19, 2015, 07:59:55 PM
:acute: you'll keep :angel:
Title: RE: show me your smallest bank note
Post by: Tanecoins on September 01, 2025, 10:55:10 AM
I have some Italian Biglietti from the WW2 era.

https://en.numista.com/catalogue/note204553.html

At 78 x 42mm its pretty tiny.

Also this  https://en.numista.com/catalogue/note238437.html

Sorry no photos, as I consider them "minor" items of little value and I have used up half of my picture allowance already!

Also some of those US military currency 5 cent notes about the same size
Title: RE: show me your smallest bank note
Post by: humpybong on September 02, 2025, 10:02:28 PM
Great notes, thanks for sharing
Title: RE: show me your smallest bank note
Post by: gweidion on September 04, 2025, 06:32:43 PM
Smallest note I've seen was the Hong Kong 1 cent note that they used to hand out for free in some of the Ekka show bags.

https://en.numista.com/catalogue/note202116.html

It's enormous compared to many of these. Especially that stamp 3 Kopeks.
Title: RE: show me your smallest bank note
Post by: Tanecoins on July 27, 2026, 11:05:14 AM
Also have some Japanese "Banana money" and 1c and 5c notes of Malaya, Philippines and Indonesia 1 and 5 sen - are all teensy things too, and that Indonesian set of 1964 with the 1, 5, 10, 25 and 50 sen, not only small but worthless.