Australian-Coins Forum

Australian Coins, Banknotes and Exonumia => Australian Decimal NCLT => Topic started by: Nevol on December 05, 2012, 12:05:07 PM

Title: 2013 $25 Gold Kangaroo at Sunset Ballot
Post by: Nevol on December 05, 2012, 12:05:07 PM
:yahoo:
Congratulations!
Your entry into the Royal Australian Mint’s 2013 $25 Gold Kangaroo at Sunset Ballot was selected in the draw held on Friday 30Th November 2012 at 4pm. Once we conduct the final eligibility check we will be processing your order and dispatching the coins as quickly as possible. This will take place over the next two weeks.
:wavemulticolor:
Title: RE: 2013 $25 Gold Kangaroo at Sunset Ballot
Post by: Bigfellani5 on December 05, 2012, 01:11:00 PM
Congrats
Title: RE: 2013 $25 Gold Kangaroo at Sunset Ballot
Post by: purplepennyhunter on December 05, 2012, 02:15:25 PM
Mark and I both got that email, now I'm not so sure it should be congratulations as now we have to pay for 2. It's an expensive time of year.
Title: RE: 2013 $25 Gold Kangaroo at Sunset Ballot
Post by: Fr45h3R on December 05, 2012, 05:10:41 PM
One on eBay right now for $1660.
What was issue price on these?
Title: RE: 2013 $25 Gold Kangaroo at Sunset Ballot
Post by: purplepennyhunter on December 05, 2012, 05:27:42 PM
$650
Title: RE: 2013 $25 Gold Kangaroo at Sunset Ballot
Post by: Goldseeker on December 05, 2012, 08:16:26 PM
As nobody from the forum took up my offer to buy the coin if I was successful, I didn't bother to submit my ballot.

Congratulations to those that did and were successful.

All one has to do now is to find the money to pay for the darn thing(s).
Title: RE: 2013 $25 Gold Kangaroo at Sunset Ballot
Post by: humpybong on December 05, 2012, 09:23:40 PM
I also got the email.

Looking forward to receiving the coin.

:yahoo:
Title: RE: 2013 $25 Gold Kangaroo at Sunset Ballot
Post by: Russ e on December 06, 2012, 09:59:58 AM
shame they dont let you pay them off, would be my only chance to go in the ballot.
Title: RE: 2013 $25 Gold Kangaroo at Sunset Ballot
Post by: Nevol on December 06, 2012, 02:49:42 PM
Quote from: 'Russ e' pid='4376' dateline='1354750198'shame they dont let you pay them off, would be my only chance to go in the ballot.
:idea: You know what, I think there is a way to pay it off if you win one in the ballot. I no longer have my entry form, but I think there is something like lay-by.  Anyone got a form to check this out?
Title: RE: 2013 $25 Gold Kangaroo at Sunset Ballot
Post by: Australian coin on December 06, 2012, 05:03:22 PM
Bump will do a scan of ballot form
(http://justcoinpage.webs.com/photos/undefined/ballot%20scan.jpg)
Title: RE: 2013 $25 Gold Kangaroo at Sunset Ballot
Post by: chookcity on December 06, 2012, 07:42:18 PM
Anyone know if it was fully subscribed?
Title: RE: 2013 $25 Gold Kangaroo at Sunset Ballot
Post by: Nevol on December 06, 2012, 10:47:00 PM
Ah, so they can't be paid off.  I've obviously been dreaming.  :angel: Thanks AC. :winkextra:
Title: RE: 2013 $25 Gold Kangaroo at Sunset Ballot
Post by: markn on December 08, 2012, 08:23:00 PM
It's interesting to look at the secondary marked for the Roo at Sunset coin for each year.   Compare what the 2007 issue gets against the 2012 or even the 2011 coins. I suspect there will be little or no resale benefit on the 2013 coin, especially given the rather outrageous issue price increase in the last 2 years.  This might be the last hurrah for this coin before it turns it into yet another "meh" issue on the part of the RAM.  Shame, because it's a pretty design.
Title: RE: 2013 $25 Gold Kangaroo at Sunset Ballot
Post by: Nevol on December 11, 2012, 06:39:53 AM
I just received this from the RAM:
Thank you for ordering from the Royal Australian Mint.
Please find attached your tax invoice which we recommend you retain for your records.

Phew! So no dramas with my 2013 $25 Gold Kangaroo order.  :yahoo: :angel:
Title: RE: 2013 $25 Gold Kangaroo at Sunset Ballot
Post by: markn on December 11, 2012, 07:51:19 AM
Just as a matter of interest did anyone put in a ballot application who DIDN'T get a coin?  Everyone I know got one.
Title: RE: 2013 $25 Gold Kangaroo at Sunset Ballot
Post by: Nevol on December 14, 2012, 01:50:44 PM
Received advice today that coin has been posted.  :yahoo:
Title: RE: 2013 $25 Gold Kangaroo at Sunset Ballot
Post by: humpybong on December 14, 2012, 07:55:14 PM
Quote from: 'Nevol' pid='4657' dateline='1355455244'Received advice today that coin has been posted.  :yahoo:

So did I.

Cannot wait to see it, but as I am away, will have to wait.

:icon_e_sad:
Title: RE: 2013 $25 Gold Kangaroo at Sunset Ballot
Post by: Nevol on December 18, 2012, 10:38:05 AM
Just picked this up from the PO. Taken through the capsule, so a bit of reflection, a bit fuzzy, plus a thread on the 'A' of dollars, plus dozens of specks of dust or some other foreign material in the Obv side.   :ireful:
$25 2013 Duo Kangaroo at Sunset
(http://i46.tinypic.com/v2xxf4.jpg)

$25 2013 Obv K'roo at Sunset thread on A
(http://i49.tinypic.com/2vcxlwg.jpg)

My son thinks it's a bit of plastic from the capsule and he managed to snap an image of it with a reflection in the coin, so it's ever so slightly above the surface of the coin.

$25 2013 Obv K'roo at Sunset thread v3
(http://i48.tinypic.com/4rq252.jpg)

He zoomed in on it at 400 x magnification and it's definitely not fibrous, so plastic makes sense.

(http://i50.tinypic.com/2lc4ux2.jpg)
Title: RE: 2013 $25 Gold Kangaroo at Sunset Ballot
Post by: purplepennyhunter on December 18, 2012, 12:13:12 PM
You sending it back?
Title: RE: 2013 $25 Gold Kangaroo at Sunset Ballot
Post by: enworb on December 18, 2012, 12:23:41 PM
I would send it back
Title: RE: 2013 $25 Gold Kangaroo at Sunset Ballot
Post by: markn on December 18, 2012, 12:26:07 PM
I see one of these has sold on Ebay at just under $800.  Pretty thin profit after ebay fees and paypal fees.
Title: RE: 2013 $25 Gold Kangaroo at Sunset Ballot
Post by: Nevol on December 18, 2012, 01:06:19 PM
Quote from: 'purplepennyhunter' pid='4765' dateline='1355794992'You sending it back?
I'll try ringing them & see what their response is.
Title: RE: 2013 $25 Gold Kangaroo at Sunset Ballot
Post by: Nevol on December 18, 2012, 03:01:22 PM
Contacted RAM, spoke to Joel, the coin is going back and they will replace it.  I was given their Reply Paid address, so apart from time, it's not costing me anything.