Australian-Coins Forum

Numismatic Discussion => Up and Coming Events => Topic started by: Goldseeker on September 29, 2014, 09:07:23 PM

Title: Sydney ANDA Show 2014
Post by: Goldseeker on September 29, 2014, 09:07:23 PM
If anyone from the forum is going to the Sydney ANDA Show and would like to secure some coins for me, can you PM me please.
Title: RE: Sydney ANDA Show 2014
Post by: kchan1111 on September 29, 2014, 09:25:30 PM
I plan to go...
Title: RE: Sydney ANDA Show 2014
Post by: runway on September 29, 2014, 11:08:55 PM
When is this on?
Title: RE: Sydney ANDA Show 2014
Post by: kchan1111 on September 30, 2014, 07:15:08 AM
24-25 Oct. Underneath Sydney Town Hall.
Title: RE: Sydney ANDA Show 2014
Post by: runway on October 01, 2014, 12:34:44 AM
Quote from: 'kchan1111' pid='60196' dateline='1412027108'24-25 Oct. Underneath Sydney Town Hall.
Thanks for that ;)
Title: RE: Sydney ANDA Show 2014
Post by: kchan1111 on October 01, 2014, 06:21:00 AM
Here is more info on opening times etc...

http://anda.com.au/ANDASydneyOct2014.pdf (http://anda.com.au/ANDASydneyOct2014.pdf)
Title: RE: Sydney ANDA Show 2014
Post by: jens coins on October 08, 2014, 02:45:02 PM
I have been informed by the mint that they will not be taking the portable press to the ANDA fair. All the counterstamp coins will be pre stamped before they go.
Title: RE: Sydney ANDA Show 2014
Post by: Goldseeker on October 08, 2014, 04:18:11 PM
I can confirm "jens coins" comments are correct.
Title: RE: Sydney ANDA Show 2014
Post by: Episoda on October 08, 2014, 04:52:08 PM
I noticed this on the RAM website yesterday and thought maybe it would be of interest for the Sydney ANDA show.

http://www.ramint.gov.au/media/noticeboard/2014/20141007.cfm

If anyone can secure any of these coins for me - please let me know via pm.  I would be very appreciative, thank you.
Title: RE: Sydney ANDA Show 2014
Post by: serial on October 08, 2014, 05:30:20 PM
Yes I two would like to put my hand up for a set if anyone is going and able to help out
Title: RE: Sydney ANDA Show 2014
Post by: gac_1808 on October 08, 2014, 05:36:07 PM
I would also like one.
PM if anyone is attending show.

Many Thanks

Grant
Title: RE: Sydney ANDA Show 2014
Post by: Australian coin on October 08, 2014, 07:27:16 PM
notice the $2 coin :P
Title: RE: Sydney ANDA Show 2014
Post by: Goldseeker on October 08, 2014, 08:32:41 PM
Melbourne missing out again.......grrrrrr
Title: RE: Sydney ANDA Show 2014
Post by: kchan1111 on October 08, 2014, 10:44:14 PM
Stupid question....

QuoteBuy one 50th Anniversary 2015 Six Coin Uncirculated Set to swap your change for one set of the circulating coins on offer! Buy two sets, swap two sets of change!*

Buy one 50th Anniversary 2015 Six Coin Proof Set to swap your change for two sets of the circulating coins on offer! Buy two sets, swap four sets of change!*

What the heck does that mean? So I buy 1 proof set, I give them 2x$3.50 and get back 2 sets of ($2 remembrance day, $1 ANZAC and 50c AIATSIS). Is that right?

The fine print down below says:

QuoteLimited stock available.
Promotion ends when stock runs out.
There will be a limit on the number of sets available per purchase per person.

This sounds rather popular. So will it run out by second day? And what is the limit per person usually?

I plan to go to the show. Bit worried that by Sat will run out. I want to get proof set for myself at least and a couple of coin change set. I am happy to get some for people but not sure what the limit is. I don't want to make promises that I can't keep....
Title: RE: Sydney ANDA Show 2014
Post by: interest on October 08, 2014, 11:25:32 PM
There will be,
pre-stamped 'S' for Sydney 2014 $1 uncirculated A Voyage to Terra Australis coins.

These will be the coins from the Royal Easter show that were selling for $5.00 each, they will now by $10.00 each.
Title: RE: Sydney ANDA Show 2014
Post by: kchan1111 on October 08, 2014, 11:27:49 PM
Quote from: 'interest' pid='60670' dateline='1412772932'There will be,
pre-stamped 'S' for Sydney 2014 $1 uncirculated A Voyage to Terra Australis coins.

These will be the coins from the Royal Easter show that were selling for $5.00 each, they will now by $10.00 each.

Yeah I am getting some of those as well, for myself and other people.
Title: RE: Sydney ANDA Show 2014
Post by: runway on October 09, 2014, 12:09:08 AM
Quote from: 'Australian coin' pid='60650' dateline='1412758636'notice the $2 coin :P
I did,what 2014 $2 commerorative coin?
:dodgy:
Title: RE: Sydney ANDA Show 2014
Post by: Australian coin on October 09, 2014, 06:56:30 AM
$2 (2014 $2 coloured circulating coin - Remembrance Day)

$2 Copper, Aluminium and Nickel Coloured Coin – Remembrance Day

Reverse

A stylised representation of sun rays surrounding a series of green coloured stripes arranged in a repetitive circular pattern. The design includes a representation of a circle and a central circle containing a representation of a dove with an olive branch in its beak. The inscriptions 'REMEMBRANCE' and 'TWO DOLLARS' and 2 representations of a dot are also included in the design.

Obverse

Consistent with all Australian legal tender coinage, an effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II will appear on the obverse side of the coin together with the inscriptions 'ELIZABETH II', 'AUSTRALIA' and the inscription, in numerals, of a year. The obverse design includes the initials of the designer Ian Rank-Broadley 'IRB'.
Title: RE: Sydney ANDA Show 2014
Post by: drakesterling on October 09, 2014, 07:56:17 AM
I'll be there with a table full of slabs.
Title: RE: Sydney ANDA Show 2014
Post by: Fr45h3R on October 09, 2014, 12:15:37 PM
Quote from: 'drakesterling' pid='60678' dateline='1412803577'I'll be there with a table full of slabs.

Something like this :angel:
[attachment=2962]
Title: RE: Sydney ANDA Show 2014
Post by: Pedro on October 10, 2014, 08:54:53 AM
:laugh2:

Pedro
Title: RE: Sydney ANDA Show 2014
Post by: Pedro on October 23, 2014, 07:25:10 PM
Anyone going to ANDA tomorrow? Looks now like I can make it.

Pedro
Title: RE: Sydney ANDA Show 2014
Post by: duggee27 on October 23, 2014, 09:24:41 PM
was all set to go friday arvo but had to go to ballina .... bugger !!!
Title: RE: Sydney ANDA Show 2014
Post by: kchan1111 on October 23, 2014, 09:34:05 PM
Will hop in either lunch time or after work. Or Sat definitely.
Title: RE: Sydney ANDA Show 2014
Post by: robbiegal on October 23, 2014, 09:35:25 PM
Ballina
going surfing?
we did surfing lessons holiday there a few years ago
it was a hoot

ps I still can't surf for the life of me!!

PS
anyone heard from AJ - is he still going there to catch up with the troops?
Title: RE: Sydney ANDA Show 2014
Post by: stevo1962 on October 23, 2014, 10:00:04 PM
Quote from: 'robbiegal' pid='61334' dateline='1414062325'Ballina
going surfing?
we did surfing lessons holiday there a few years ago
it was a hoot

ps I still can't surf for the life of me!!


PS
anyone heard from AJ - is he still going there to catch up with the troops?

AJ hasn't surfaced anywhere for a few weeks as far as I know
Title: RE: Sydney ANDA Show 2014
Post by: keldaw on October 23, 2014, 10:06:11 PM
he is on his trip , will catch up with anybody at the show if he comes across  any one that he knows he will say gday mate to you ..

                                    ,, kel ,,
Title: RE: Sydney ANDA Show 2014
Post by: Pedro on October 24, 2014, 06:45:43 AM
Kel,

Do you know whether AJ is going one day or both days to ANDA?

Pedro
Title: RE: Sydney ANDA Show 2014
Post by: keldaw on October 24, 2014, 08:03:19 AM
Quote from: 'Pedro' pid='61345' dateline='1414095343'Kel,

Do you know whether AJ is going one day or both days to ANDA?

Pedro

 don't know pedro , but you can ring or text him on his mobile .I will give him a call today and ask him for you ..

   ,, kel ,,
Title: RE: Sydney ANDA Show 2014
Post by: Pedro on October 24, 2014, 08:06:25 AM
Kel,

Being the luddite I am I don't have AJ's mobile number. Are you able to PM to me?

Thanks.

Pedro
Title: RE: Sydney ANDA Show 2014
Post by: Cooper S on October 24, 2014, 08:19:07 AM
I'll be attending Saturday morning with the family
Title: RE: Sydney ANDA Show 2014
Post by: Fr45h3R on October 24, 2014, 09:10:15 AM
I know AJ is in Sydney with Belly .
couldn't tell you what time they'll be rocking up though
Title: RE: Sydney ANDA Show 2014
Post by: keldaw on October 24, 2014, 10:33:41 AM
A J , just said the show is on today and tomorrow , but no time frame

  for him . depends on what time he goes to sleep and wakes up in

               the mornings .        ,, kel ,,
Title: RE: Sydney ANDA Show 2014
Post by: kchan1111 on October 24, 2014, 12:12:48 PM
My goodness.  Line is an hour long for RAM stand! !!
Title: RE: Sydney ANDA Show 2014
Post by: robbiegal on October 24, 2014, 05:41:16 PM
that is exactly why i'd never offer to get coins for other people
 think they also limit how many you an get when you finally got to the press
Title: RE: Sydney ANDA Show 2014
Post by: Pedro on October 24, 2014, 05:55:20 PM
Managed to find AJ and Belly very quickly. Had a good day for my first ANDA show!

The line for the RAM was down to 6 people by about 2.45pm. I believe the limit for mint sets & coin exchange today was 10.

Early on most of the crowd was in the RAM line. Quite a few people seem to have lined up but not knowing what they had lined up for!

Pedro
Title: RE: Sydney ANDA Show 2014
Post by: Unicorn on October 24, 2014, 06:05:54 PM
That's a positive report Pedro! Good work!
(You have no idea how much I wanted to hijack the thread with an Angel's Long Line link).
Title: RE: Sydney ANDA Show 2014
Post by: Pedro on October 24, 2014, 06:28:16 PM
:laugh2: I was silly enough to try earlier at about 1.45pm (in my defence I was on a "mission" - at least in my own mind!) - could have played the song many times before I got to the front. AJ and Belly were more clever in choosing their time of attack so they managed to get through somewhat quicker.  

Pedro
Title: RE: Sydney ANDA Show 2014
Post by: bellyflorin on October 24, 2014, 07:34:05 PM
Yes was a grand day meeting Pedro and seeing Rob and Eric again..really nice people, and I wanted to be good..AJ :P
Title: RE: Sydney ANDA Show 2014
Post by: Unicorn on October 24, 2014, 07:42:31 PM
Sounds like you had a good day AJ!
Title: RE: Sydney ANDA Show 2014
Post by: keldaw on October 24, 2014, 08:08:02 PM
I wish I was down there with you A J         ,, kel ,,
Title: RE: Sydney ANDA Show 2014
Post by: kchan1111 on October 24, 2014, 08:37:35 PM
Quote from: 'robbiegal' pid='61365' dateline='1414134676'that is exactly why i'd never offer to get coins for other people
 think they also limit how many you an get when you finally got to the press

I was there around 12:30-1:00. The line snaked all the way for almost 20m. Think I chose a bad time but I was at work so the only time I can go. By the time I got my coins it was past 1:30. I didn't have any more time so I left and head back to work.

It was OK I was able to get everything within the limit. I will PM the people who asked me to get things later.

Yes there were a lot of people who weren't sure what to get. They were asking for advice like what to get for their kids etc. which took a long time.

The RAM people were not particularly careful with the change set coins!!
Title: RE: Sydney ANDA Show 2014
Post by: runway on October 25, 2014, 09:51:39 PM
I hope the actual ANDA show attendees also supported the event by checking out all of the dealers items as well
RAM attending with their new releases and extra goodies may have added bums on seats however no mobile press is the real bummer
Hope everyone enjoyed this special ANDA :)
Title: RE: Sydney ANDA Show 2014
Post by: kchan1111 on October 26, 2014, 12:35:41 AM
Quote from: 'runway' pid='61397' dateline='1414236099'I hope the actual ANDA show attendees also supported the event by checking out all of the dealers items as well

Went back again today. Lots of good tips and useful advice, especially from Drake Sterling's. So many slabs there I spent quite a bit of time looking and comparing the different grades trying to pick up grading skills. Very useful day. :)
Title: RE: Sydney ANDA Show 2014
Post by: duggee27 on October 26, 2014, 08:39:46 PM
well.. i did get there eventually... plane was late , circled sydney a couple of times, trains were stuffed due to track work ..
so i arrived at 4:45 !!! 15mins to closing and all were packing up !! mind you no entry fee!
went straight to eric and he being ever so helpful was able to fulfil my request on the spot :yahoo:
a couple of 2013 gold sovereigns (I mint)for the twin grandies as they are coming out(from new york) for their christening. another:yahoo::yahoo:
Title: RE: Sydney ANDA Show 2014
Post by: Fr45h3R on October 26, 2014, 08:56:47 PM
Was nice to meet everyone I met over the 2 days. Was a great experience for me helping Eric out at the Drake Sterling stand.
Didn't get much for myself, the higher grade stuff that's affordable and worth sending to PCGS is getting harder to find.
Title: RE: Sydney ANDA Show 2014
Post by: kchan1111 on October 26, 2014, 11:23:13 PM
Quote from: 'Fr45h3R' pid='61433' dateline='1414319207'Was nice to meet everyone I met over the 2 days. Was a great experience for me helping Eric out at the Drake Sterling stand.
Didn't get much for myself, the higher grade stuff that's affordable and worth sending to PCGS is getting harder to find.

Thanks for all the tips from you and Eric. :thank_you: Hope I wasn't taking up too much of your time on Sat.
Title: RE: Sydney ANDA Show 2014
Post by: Goldseeker on November 07, 2014, 01:05:20 PM
I would like to thank kchan1111 for the coins he arranged to get from the Sydney ANDA Show that I received this day.

All in excellent condition and extremely well packed.

Many thanks once again.
Title: RE: Sydney ANDA Show 2014
Post by: kchan1111 on November 07, 2014, 08:41:03 PM
No problemo. Glad it arrived safely. :good:
Title: RE: Sydney ANDA Show 2014
Post by: Episoda on November 10, 2014, 10:59:55 AM
I would like to thank kchan1111 as well for a very appreciated effort at the Sydney ANDA Show and the fantastic packaging my products arrived in today :)
Title: RE: Sydney ANDA Show 2014
Post by: kchan1111 on November 10, 2014, 12:23:00 PM
No worries. Sure takes Aussie Post a long time to get something from Sydney to Tassie - a whole week!