Australian-Coins Forum

Numismatic Discussion => Up and Coming Events => Topic started by: Australian coin on July 10, 2014, 09:26:37 PM

Title: downies Auction317
Post by: Australian coin on July 10, 2014, 09:26:37 PM
I don't normally like the auction stuff, but this one had a overdate threepence, that I didn't write down the number, if anyone has a catalogue can you find the number, I would like to know if the 22/21 overdate sold and what price, the prices have been released >> just have to match the number

http://downies.com/aca/realised/Prices_Realised_317.html

yeah this was the saddest one I have seen in a while (well pic anyway) it had a chunk missing, but was estimate to be $500 bucks so wonder if that was the price for a fill in coin, as I don't have one and don't want to drop a couple of thousand.
Title: RE: downies Auction317
Post by: Fordprefect on July 10, 2014, 10:07:10 PM
Lot 1841 Hammer Price $675, then I guess Commision.
Title: RE: downies Auction317
Post by: nealeffendi on July 10, 2014, 10:14:41 PM
Lot number 1841 sold for $675. That included a pretty ordinary 34/33 as well.
It is a sorry looking coin, but then again so are those that sell for 3-6 thousand.
Personally I'm like you and would  buy lot 1841 if I needed to satisfy a gap. I couldn't drop the thousands for something that might grade G8 so I would save for the nice ones that will slab at VF25 or higher (and at that likely price level I'd rather splurge on a choice MS 1915 and be much more contented).
Title: RE: downies Auction317
Post by: Australian coin on July 10, 2014, 10:46:44 PM
thankyou
Title: RE: downies Auction317
Post by: Goldseeker on July 11, 2014, 08:16:52 PM
My first purchased 21/22 overprint 3d cost me $1750.00 and the second one cost $6700.00.

I need my head read me thinks.
Title: RE: downies Auction317
Post by: purplepennyhunter on July 12, 2014, 08:25:23 PM
Our Downies auction report (http://www.australian-threepence.com/coin-news/downies-australian-coin-auction-317/)  :rolleyes:
Title: RE: downies Auction317
Post by: Unicorn on July 13, 2014, 02:46:13 PM
A great read from both the Authors!

I wonder who the wrong planchet phone bidder was ? Sounds like something our good mate Shane would be strongly into.
Title: RE: downies Auction317
Post by: Fr45h3R on July 13, 2014, 03:52:35 PM
I saw this tucked up in the lots.
http://downies.com/aca/Auction317/aca/images/lots/317/2363.jpg

Did anyone have a chance to view this ? It looked damaged.
Title: RE: downies Auction317
Post by: Fr45h3R on July 21, 2014, 09:56:32 PM
In case you missed them at the auction
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1922-1-THREEPENCE-OVERDATE-ONE-ofAUSTRALIAs-RAREST-COINS-PRICE-RIGHT-BUYorOFFER-/371105909338?pt=AU_Coins2&hash=item5667a2ca5a
Title: RE: downies Auction317
Post by: nealeffendi on July 21, 2014, 11:03:03 PM
Quote from: 'Fr45h3R' pid='55143' dateline='1405945592'In case you missed them at the auction
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1922-1-THREEPENCE-OVERDATE-ONE-ofAUSTRALIAs-RAREST-COINS-PRICE-RIGHT-BUYorOFFER-/371105909338?pt=AU_Coins2&hash=item5667a2ca5a

A slight mark up from the price it sold at auction:dodgy:
For just a bit more ($4250) you can get a reasonable graded (G06) one from Drake Sterling or an F12 for $6950.
Title: RE: downies Auction317
Post by: Australian coin on July 22, 2014, 09:04:25 AM
hahaha I seen that ebay item last night, and was like I know where that came from :P
Title: RE: downies Auction317
Post by: drakesterling on July 22, 2014, 07:02:31 PM
Thanks for the plug.