Australian-Coins Forum

Numismatic Discussion => Up and Coming Events => Topic started by: Goldseeker on June 23, 2014, 12:44:16 PM

Title: Melbourne ANDA Show 2014
Post by: Goldseeker on June 23, 2014, 12:44:16 PM
Melbourne:  Friday 8th August 10.00am to 5.00pm & Saturday 9th August 10.00am to 4.00pm
venue: Dallas Brooks Centre, 300 Albert St, Melbourne.

I shall be attending the above show so if anyone wants any "M" Counterstamped coins please PM me with your requirements.  

All coins will be forwarded to you by Registered Post.
Title: RE: Melbourne ANDA Show 2014
Post by: Fulvio on June 23, 2014, 05:04:27 PM
Quote from: 'Goldseeker' pid='53260' dateline='1403493256'I shall be attending the above show

I'll probably be working there, assuming we can sort out the parking hassles. I used to go to school across the street, and its an awful place to try and park. :(
Title: RE: Melbourne ANDA Show 2014
Post by: Episoda on June 23, 2014, 06:10:28 PM
This will be my very first ever coin show , and I am most certainly looking forward to it!
Title: RE: Melbourne ANDA Show 2014
Post by: purplepennyhunter on June 23, 2014, 07:17:48 PM
Interestingly it's Fri and Sat not Sunday.
Title: RE: Melbourne ANDA Show 2014
Post by: proof27 on June 23, 2014, 07:35:38 PM
This will be my 1st ANDA show, put my hand up to volunteer. Looking forward to it.
Title: RE: Melbourne ANDA Show 2014
Post by: Oldcoinchest on June 23, 2014, 07:58:34 PM
Yeah its a bit different but im going to take Friday off work to go, This will be my 3rd show, 2012 was my first where I pick up the 1oz coloured Dragon
Title: RE: Melbourne ANDA Show 2014
Post by: Fulvio on June 24, 2014, 01:01:20 AM
Quote from: 'purplepennyhunter' pid='53279' dateline='1403516868'Interestingly it's Fri and Sat not Sunday.

Yeah, I think somebody dropped the ball on this. Clearly they didn't consider the repercussions of lack of parking and peak-hour commuting.

Setup is going to be a nightmare.
Title: RE: Melbourne ANDA Show 2014
Post by: Goldseeker on June 24, 2014, 01:52:20 PM
I shall be using public transport so I have no parking problems.

If fellow members are going to attend, we shall have to have a get together.

I should up near the front of the as I shall be at the front doors by 7.30am on the Friday.

If I don't get what I need on Friday then I shall turn up again on Saturday.
Title: RE: Melbourne ANDA Show 2014
Post by: proof27 on June 24, 2014, 03:48:22 PM
If anyone needs a lift in on the Saturday just yell out.

Quote from: 'proof27' pid='53337' dateline='1403590702'If anyone needs a lift in on the Saturday just yell out.

That is if you live say between Mooroolbark and Melbourne.
Title: RE: Melbourne ANDA Show 2014
Post by: Splock on June 25, 2014, 10:27:50 AM
Quote from: 'Goldseeker' pid='53324' dateline='1403583740'I shall be using public transport so I have no parking problems.

If fellow members are going to attend, we shall have to have a get together.

I should up near the front of the as I shall be at the front doors by 7.30am on the Friday.

If I don't get what I need on Friday then I shall turn up again on Saturday.

And the friendly folks of the NAV and Melbourne Numismatic society will be manning the information tables on the Friday and I'll be there on the Saturday so pop by and say Hi! Personally I think it's crazy having it at this location on a weekday and I think they'll realise that when the numbers come back.
Title: RE: Melbourne ANDA Show 2014
Post by: Goldseeker on June 25, 2014, 12:56:48 PM
I am only hoping that the RAM's Portable Press will be there.
Title: RE: Melbourne ANDA Show 2014
Post by: Splock on June 25, 2014, 09:17:01 PM
Quote from: 'Goldseeker' pid='53397' dateline='1403666808'I am only hoping that the RAM's Portable Press will be there.

ANDA's website does say that the RAM will be attending so there's a good chance they'll bring the press.
Title: RE: Melbourne ANDA Show 2014
Post by: proof27 on July 07, 2014, 03:21:05 PM
Quote from: 'Goldseeker' pid='53397' dateline='1403666808'I am only hoping that the RAM's Portable Press will be there.

Mobile press will not be there, but pre-stamped coins from press will be available.
Title: RE: Melbourne ANDA Show 2014
Post by: Goldseeker on July 07, 2014, 04:23:10 PM
OK, two responses two different answers.

I will send the RAM an Email and find out for sure.  

(Proof27:- I just have to make sure as I am taking orders for "M" Counterstamped coins (that I personally press myself) but if the press is NOT going to be there, I shall save my monies on the entry fee and I shall advise those that have placed orders to make there own way as they say).
Title: RE: Melbourne ANDA Show 2014
Post by: proof27 on July 07, 2014, 05:13:40 PM
Quote from: 'Goldseeker' pid='54200' dateline='1404715990'OK, two responses two different answers.

I will send the RAM an Email and find out for sure.  

(Proof27:- I just have to make sure as I am taking orders for "M" Counterstamped coins (that I personally press myself) but if the press is NOT going to be there, I shall save my monies on the entry fee and I shall advise those that have placed orders to make there own way as they say).

They will already be "M" counterstamped, but no mobile press at show, according to email I received.
Title: RE: Melbourne ANDA Show 2014
Post by: nealeffendi on July 07, 2014, 11:25:04 PM
Quote from: 'proof27' pid='54208' dateline='1404719020'
Quote from: 'Goldseeker' pid='54200' dateline='1404715990'OK, two responses two different answers.

I will send the RAM an Email and find out for sure.  

(Proof27:- I just have to make sure as I am taking orders for "M" Counterstamped coins (that I personally press myself) but if the press is NOT going to be there, I shall save my monies on the entry fee and I shall advise those that have placed orders to make there own way as they say).

They will already be "M" counterstamped, but no mobile press at show, according to email I received.
So has the press already been in Melbourne earlier this year and they have a stock of coins from then? Or does the mint strike the coins elsewhere :dodgy:
Title: RE: Melbourne ANDA Show 2014
Post by: runway on July 07, 2014, 11:52:57 PM
RAM is becoming a circus for replies these days
Title: RE: Melbourne ANDA Show 2014
Post by: Splock on July 08, 2014, 08:37:01 AM
(https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/477x675q90/856/vvbuh.jpg)
Title: RE: Melbourne ANDA Show 2014
Post by: Goldseeker on July 08, 2014, 03:22:54 PM
Below is the response I got from the RAM:

QUOTE

Good Afternoon Mr Mansfield,

Thank you for your enquiry to the Royal Australian Mint.
The mobile coin press will not be taken to the Melbourne ANDA Show, however 2014 $1 'M' Counterstamp coins – A Voyage to Terra Australis will be available from the Mint stall. These coins have been prepared ahead of this event.

The Mobile coin press will be in Melbourne for the Royal Melbourne Show from 20 September until 1 October 2014. The same coins will be produced on this occasion.

Kind regards,

Customer Service Team
Royal Australian Mint


UNQUOTE

Now that sort of answers the question and as a result, I will NOT be attending the ANDA Show but will be attending the Melbourne Show and that is when I shall get the coins that have been ordered.

If those that have ordered coins from me that I was to get from ANDA and still want me to get them from the Melbourne Show, please send me a NEW PM requesting your requirements.
Title: RE: Melbourne ANDA Show 2014
Post by: proof27 on July 08, 2014, 05:16:10 PM
Quote from: 'Goldseeker' pid='54246' dateline='1404798774'Below is the response I got from the RAM:

QUOTE

Good Afternoon Mr Mansfield,

Thank you for your enquiry to the Royal Australian Mint.
The mobile coin press will not be taken to the Melbourne ANDA Show, however 2014 $1 'M' Counterstamp coins – A Voyage to Terra Australis will be available from the Mint stall. These coins have been prepared ahead of this event.

The Mobile coin press will be in Melbourne for the Royal Melbourne Show from 20 September until 1 October 2014. The same coins will be produced on this occasion.

Kind regards,

Customer Service Team
Royal Australian Mint


UNQUOTE

Now that sort of answers the question and as a result, I will NOT be attending the ANDA Show but will be attending the Melbourne Show and that is when I shall get the coins that have been ordered.

If those that have ordered coins from me that I was to get from ANDA and still want me to get them from the Melbourne Show, please send me a NEW PM requesting your requirements.

Told ya
Title: RE: Melbourne ANDA Show 2014
Post by: Australian coin on July 08, 2014, 05:55:49 PM
well if I don't get to press a pretty button and watch it get stamped, IM NOT PAYING $10 !
it better be $5
Title: RE: Melbourne ANDA Show 2014
Post by: proof27 on July 08, 2014, 06:15:38 PM
:laughingneqw: Some seem to like doing so.
Title: RE: Melbourne ANDA Show 2014
Post by: Goldseeker on July 08, 2014, 06:46:10 PM
Quote from: 'Australian coin' pid='54256' dateline='1404807949'well if I don't get to press a pretty button and watch it get stamped, IM NOT PAYING $10 !
it better be $5

I agree.........!
Title: RE: Melbourne ANDA Show 2014
Post by: emu666 on July 08, 2014, 06:58:17 PM
We may as well wait and get them from the Royal Melbourne Show.
Title: RE: Melbourne ANDA Show 2014
Post by: Splock on July 09, 2014, 08:21:22 AM
Quote from: 'proof27' pid='54259' dateline='1404809138':laughingneqw: Some seem to like doing so.

I get a real buzz from pressing the button! :yahoo: (Although that could be just bad electrics) :biggrin:

I don't think it'll stop too many people from turning up though, although the fact that the first day is a Friday and there's really not that much parking around might deter a few.
Title: RE: Melbourne ANDA Show 2014
Post by: Fulvio on July 21, 2014, 08:53:03 PM
Here's the exhibitors list. As well as clubs and both mints...

AGSX ....................................... 26
Canberra Numisco ................... 18
Classy Collectables .................. 6
Coinsearch.com ....................... 5
Downies ................................... 13
Edlins of Canberra.................... 24 & 25
International Auction Galleries.. 11 & 14
Klaus Ford Numismatics........... 7 & 8
Monetarium (Adelaide) ............. 2 & 3
Pacific Rim Coins .........................1 & 4
Prospect Stamps & Coins.............12
Roxburys Auction House..............21
Sterling & Currency ......................9 & 10
Salamanca Rare Coins ................5
Trevor Wilkin Banknotes ..............16
Universal Coins ...........................17
vpcoins.com .................................20
Waterman's Coins & Banknotes....15
Title: RE: Melbourne ANDA Show 2014
Post by: trout on July 21, 2014, 09:13:31 PM
Some good dealers on that list Fulvio :good:
Why is it that ppl don't want to attend a coin show just because there isn't a portable press grannybait machine there ?
The ONLY coin show I have ever attended was in Perth a couple of years ago and I ended up getting the good people at Sterling Currency to get my stamped coins for me anyway.
I was on Night shift doing a Mill reline at a cement mill south of Perth at the time and I was pretty Knackered but I had a fantastic time just looking at various coins that the dealers had on display and quite frankly couldn't be bothered queuing up with the other "Lemmings" for the press stuff.
I only took $600 in cash with me and came out broke (I wish I took more) but I did pick up some nice coins and had a most enjoyable day :)
I Do envy you Mob that can attend  heaps of shows and auctions But I also enjoy living way out of town with peace and privacy as a given.
Title: RE: Melbourne ANDA Show 2014
Post by: czark on July 21, 2014, 10:57:14 PM
Another venue change! Sigh!
I'll see closer to the date if I can make to ANDA otherwise I'll hopefully catch up with everyone at the RMS.
Title: RE: Melbourne ANDA Show 2014
Post by: Australian coin on July 22, 2014, 09:02:19 AM
I will be going, so if people want to arrange a meet and greet PM
Title: RE: Melbourne ANDA Show 2014
Post by: robbiegal on July 22, 2014, 09:11:23 AM
Quote from: 'trout' pid='55139' dateline='1405943011'Some good dealers on that list Fulvio :good:
Why is it that ppl don't want to attend a coin show just because there isn't a portable press grannybait machine there ?

hang on
so now the cupro nickels/portable press coins are granny bait as well?
I  thought that was just your term of endearment for the silvers?
Title: RE: Melbourne ANDA Show 2014
Post by: Australian coin on July 22, 2014, 09:13:34 AM
haha I thought any coin that was overpriced was granny bait
Title: RE: Melbourne ANDA Show 2014
Post by: robbiegal on July 22, 2014, 11:08:40 AM
Ah ha I am expensive to run and I'm a granny too!
Title: RE: Melbourne ANDA Show 2014
Post by: Fulvio on July 23, 2014, 04:54:27 PM
Quote from: 'robbiegal' pid='55157' dateline='1405986083'so now the cupro nickels/portable press coins are granny bait as well?

IMO they turned them into granny bait when they jacked the price up tenfold. Remember they already make a profit 'selling' a dollar for $1. And $2 was fine for years. Then it spiked up for absolutely no reason other than pure, unadulterated greed.

I'm pretty much done with anything that doesn't come out of circulation now. They can stick their crap where de sun don't shine. :diablo:

---

In other news:

"Finally, if you want to promote your club, please bring along flyers.  We have some from last year but these may not be enough for the Show."

Do we want to produce something promoting the Forum? Seeing as how you guys killed the T-Shirt idea, this might be a good way to expose us to new collectors.
Title: RE: Melbourne ANDA Show 2014
Post by: Unicorn on July 23, 2014, 05:07:19 PM
Quote from: 'Fulvio' pid='55261' dateline='1406100267'... this might be a good way to expose us to new collectors.

Don't look Ethel!!!
Title: RE: Melbourne ANDA Show 2014
Post by: robbiegal on July 23, 2014, 05:10:21 PM
Quote from: 'Fulvio' pid='55261' dateline='1406100267'
Quote from: 'robbiegal' pid='55157' dateline='1405986083'so now the cupro nickels/portable press coins are granny bait as well?

IMO they turned them into granny bait when they jacked the price up tenfold. Remember they already make a profit 'selling' a dollar for $1. And $2 was fine for years. Then it spiked up for absolutely no reason other than pure, unadulterated greed.

I'm pretty much done with anything that doesn't come out of circulation now. They can stick their crap where de sun don't shine. :diablo:

---

In other news:

"Finally, if you want to promote your club, please bring along flyers.  We have some from last year but these may not be enough for the Show."

Do we want to produce something promoting the Forum? Seeing as how you guys killed the T-Shirt idea, this might be a good way to expose us to new collectors.

I think that you have to be VERY careful who and what you promote there on the club members table
The clubs are given free (?) tables for the CLUB membership drive and not to promote unvetted ancillary clubs/forums. This forum promotes a lot of other businesses and the ANDA guys who pay - ? what it is it $5,000 a table , wouldn't be happy Janet
The can get pretty snarky
Title: RE: Melbourne ANDA Show 2014
Post by: Splock on July 23, 2014, 07:20:09 PM
Quote from: 'robbiegal' pid='55267' dateline='1406101221'
Quote from: 'Fulvio' pid='55261' dateline='1406100267'
Quote from: 'robbiegal' pid='55157' dateline='1405986083'so now the cupro nickels/portable press coins are granny bait as well?

IMO they turned them into granny bait when they jacked the price up tenfold. Remember they already make a profit 'selling' a dollar for $1. And $2 was fine for years. Then it spiked up for absolutely no reason other than pure, unadulterated greed.

I'm pretty much done with anything that doesn't come out of circulation now. They can stick their crap where de sun don't shine. :diablo:

---

In other news:

"Finally, if you want to promote your club, please bring along flyers.  We have some from last year but these may not be enough for the Show."

Do we want to produce something promoting the Forum? Seeing as how you guys killed the T-Shirt idea, this might be a good way to expose us to new collectors.

I think that you have to be VERY careful who and what you promote there on the club members table
The clubs are given free (?) tables for the CLUB membership drive and not to promote unvetted ancillary clubs/forums. This forum promotes a lot of other businesses and the ANDA guys who pay - ? what it is it $5,000 a table , wouldn't be happy Janet
The can get pretty snarky

The Numismatic Association of Victoria (and other clubs) main role is to promote the hobby. If someone prepared a flyer for this forum we would be more than willing to promote it as well as any other on-line forum. Educated collectors make good customers and ANDA knows this :-)
Title: RE: Melbourne ANDA Show 2014
Post by: robbiegal on July 23, 2014, 07:43:02 PM
cheers
I just went to your association home page and swatted up

so is your table at the entrance of the show?
Title: RE: Melbourne ANDA Show 2014
Post by: Splock on July 23, 2014, 07:47:12 PM
A number of Victorian clubs, including the NAV, Melbourne Numismatic Society and the IBNS (Melbourne) will be manning the information table, which is usually the first one as you come in. We're the ones that put on the displays and are there to answer queries from the public. We usually man the ticket booth too, but this year ANDA are managing that themselves.
Title: RE: Melbourne ANDA Show 2014
Post by: robbiegal on July 23, 2014, 08:51:48 PM
have fun

we used to the same sorts of things with our coin club
Title: RE: Melbourne ANDA Show 2014
Post by: Fr45h3R on July 23, 2014, 09:16:42 PM
Quote from: 'Australian coin' pid='55154' dateline='1405985539'I will be going, so if people want to arrange a meet and greet PM

I should be going, I will post closer to the date what I'll be wearing.
Might just do the Pacman hat again, that was easy at Brisbane.
Title: RE: Melbourne ANDA Show 2014
Post by: Fulvio on July 23, 2014, 10:00:40 PM
Quote from: 'Fr45h3R' pid='55322' dateline='1406116002'Might just do the Pacman hat again, that was easy at Brisbane.

Forum hats would have been sooo cool... oh well. :(
Title: RE: Melbourne ANDA Show 2014
Post by: trout on July 23, 2014, 10:09:52 PM
Quote from: 'Fulvio' pid='55332' dateline='1406118640'
Quote from: 'Fr45h3R' pid='55322' dateline='1406116002'Might just do the Pacman hat again, that was easy at Brisbane.

Forum hats would have been sooo cool... oh well. :(

I would think a "Darth Vader" type helmet (Especially if you can get the "Voice" with it) would be great :diablo::laugh2:
Title: RE: Melbourne ANDA Show 2014
Post by: Goldseeker on July 23, 2014, 11:04:48 PM
My hat that I shall be wearing is a black baseball cap with a Blue Square Grumpy Face with the words GRUMPY-PA.

I will not be hard to spot.
Title: RE: Melbourne ANDA Show 2014
Post by: ausjack on July 24, 2014, 02:04:45 AM
Gee I wish I could go but I have to try and find over $1000 to see about getting my gums fixed from the effects of the meds :(
Title: RE: Melbourne ANDA Show 2014
Post by: Fr45h3R on August 07, 2014, 04:12:09 PM
Looking forward to this tomorrow. Early AM flight to Melbourne, bus to the city and maybe a nice coffee before heading to the Dallas Brooks Centre.
I'll have my Pac Man hat on, hope to see a few of you there!
Title: RE: Melbourne ANDA Show 2014
Post by: Robster on August 07, 2014, 05:15:17 PM
Enjoy.! looking forward to your report.!! :angel:
Title: RE: Melbourne ANDA Show 2014
Post by: Australian coin on August 07, 2014, 06:21:31 PM
PM me for a meet and greet tomorrow
Title: RE: Melbourne ANDA Show 2014
Post by: robbiegal on August 08, 2014, 10:07:34 AM
have fun at the show
my dealer will be there and he reckons that the Friday's takings always triple the rest of the week-ends takings, so Friday might be the busiest day .. collectors abounding etc etc
enjoy!
Title: RE: Melbourne ANDA Show 2014
Post by: Episoda on August 08, 2014, 03:17:28 PM
Well, for my first major coin show, I thought it was pretty good. I was there this morning and will also venture there tommorrow afternoon.
Title: RE: Melbourne ANDA Show 2014
Post by: Goldseeker on August 08, 2014, 03:41:17 PM
For EMU666   You have a private PM.
Title: RE: Melbourne ANDA Show 2014
Post by: proof27 on August 08, 2014, 05:55:53 PM
I will be going tomorrow, I will have a black hat on, blue jeans, extremely handsome, a proof27 handwritten little badge on hat or shirt, ok I was lying bout the handsome bit. Hope to catch up with some forumers. :drinks:
Title: RE: Melbourne ANDA Show 2014
Post by: Fulvio on August 08, 2014, 07:31:10 PM
Best laid plans of mice and men.... :(

Car decided it didn't really need an exhaust yesterday. So off it went for surgery. And just before closing time, they delivered the new exhaust... and it was the wrong one! By the time it was all done today, it was way too late to even think about heading in, so looks like Saturday only.

Hope you lot left me something nice to drool over. Though with the cost of repairs, there goes the budget for the next few months. ;)
Title: RE: Melbourne ANDA Show 2014
Post by: trout on August 08, 2014, 07:36:08 PM
Quote from: 'Fulvio' pid='56443' dateline='1407492070'Best laid plans of mice and men.... :(

Car decided it didn't really need an exhaust yesterday. So off it went for surgery. And just before closing time, they delivered the new exhaust... and it was the wrong one! By the time it was all done today, it was way too late to even think about heading in, so looks like Saturday only.

Hope you lot left me something nice to drool over. Though with the cost of repairs, there goes the budget for the next few months. ;)

Easy solution Mate.
move to the bush and ride a horse (The exhaust on these is repaired naturaly ) :dance2::)
Title: RE: Melbourne ANDA Show 2014
Post by: Australian coin on August 08, 2014, 08:00:58 PM
took some pics, might do a write up stuff tomorrow
(http://www.australian-coins.net/gallery/albums/userpics/10011/coin_peeps.jpg)
Title: RE: Melbourne ANDA Show 2014
Post by: trout on August 08, 2014, 08:13:21 PM
Crikey AC , I didn't realise you were Asian :laugh2:
Lucky Goldie was there to look after you Mate :good:
Title: RE: Melbourne ANDA Show 2014
Post by: Fulvio on August 08, 2014, 08:25:21 PM
Quote from: 'Australian coin' pid='56451' dateline='1407493858'took some pics, might do a write up stuff tomorrow

You're looking even better than I imagined from your mum's description. Great to hear the recovery is going well, kiddo!

In other news, and this is painful...

Just got off the phone with an extremely depressed Goldy.

When he got home and unpacked, he discovered his slabbed mule is missing. He has no idea where it was when he last saw it, or when. He does have the number recorded naturally, but is far too angry to trust himself on the computer right now.

I've asked for a number and/or pics to be emailed for me to print out and take with me tomorrow. If anyone gets there at opening time (I'm supposed to be there after lunch, but might get there earlier), its worth checking with the girl on the security desk to see if its been handed in.

$3,000 is an awful lot to pay for the priviledge of going to an ANDA show, eh? I sincerely hope this coin turns up, and I really really hope its just been misplaced and not misappropriated.
Title: RE: Melbourne ANDA Show 2014
Post by: trout on August 08, 2014, 08:53:32 PM
Since Goldie took a slabbed Mule to "Show and Tell" it would have been his best.
BUGGER
I am pretty sure that the people he was involved with on that day will ensure that he gets reacquainted with it if they find it :ok:
Here's hoping for a positive outcome :)
Title: RE: Melbourne ANDA Show 2014
Post by: Fulvio on August 08, 2014, 09:13:56 PM
Quote from: 'trout' pid='56458' dateline='1407497012'Since Goldie took a slabbed Mule to "Show and Tell" it would have been his best.

Yeah. He thinks it may have been the AU58. :(

Oh, and while we're at it, you need new glasses, mate.

AC? Asian? What the...?
Title: RE: Melbourne ANDA Show 2014
Post by: trout on August 08, 2014, 09:17:02 PM
Quote from: 'Fulvio' pid='56463' dateline='1407498236'
Quote from: 'trout' pid='56458' dateline='1407497012'Since Goldie took a slabbed Mule to "Show and Tell" it would have been his best.

Yeah. He thinks it may have been the AU58. :(

Oh, and while we're at it, you need new glasses, mate.

AC? Asian? What the...?

Just takin the P----s Mate :)
Title: RE: Melbourne ANDA Show 2014
Post by: Nevol on August 09, 2014, 06:59:17 AM
I really hope Goldie get his mule back, but I have to say that a Coin Fair would be the last place I would take anything valuable to.  I think there would be more than one professional pick-pocket in attendance.
Title: RE: Melbourne ANDA Show 2014
Post by: Fulvio on August 09, 2014, 09:16:33 AM
Quote from: 'Nevol' pid='56483' dateline='1407533357'I really hope Goldie get his mule back, but I have to say that a Coin Fair would be the last place I would take anything valuable to.  I think there would be more than one professional pick-pocket in attendance.

I hope you're wrong... Just printed off two copies of the pic from the gallery... http://www.australian-coins.net/gallery/displayimage.php?pid=3970&fullsize=1 and will spread the word there, just in case.

(http://www.australian-coins.net/gallery/albums/userpics/10120/Mule_No_13_Obv~0.jpg)
Title: RE: Melbourne ANDA Show 2014
Post by: Unicorn on August 09, 2014, 09:45:55 AM
Good work McDuck, you're a true champ.
Title: RE: Melbourne ANDA Show 2014
Post by: proof27 on August 09, 2014, 01:52:24 PM
Wow, just got back from show, never been in a room with so many coins and notes, amazing collections. Very disciplined though, only bought $1 Melbourne counterstamp and 2001 Royal Australian Airforce $1.
Title: RE: Melbourne ANDA Show 2014
Post by: Australian coin on August 09, 2014, 05:30:29 PM
a look at the show

(http://www.australian-coins.net/gallery/albums/userpics/10011/show1.JPG)
(http://www.australian-coins.net/gallery/albums/userpics/10011/show_2.JPG)
Title: RE: Melbourne ANDA Show 2014
Post by: Fulvio on August 09, 2014, 05:32:02 PM
Quote from: 'proof27' pid='56549' dateline='1407558144'Wow, just got back from show, never been in a room with so many coins and notes, amazing collections. Very disciplined though, only bought $1 Melbourne counterstamp and 2001 Royal Australian Airforce $1.

Heh, I managed to spend all day there and not spend a cracker. I was going to buy an M after they guaranteed they're portable press coins, but suddenly the show was over and we were packing up. Too bad, how sad, eh? ;)

So, you didn't come over and say hi, did you? ***Sob*** :cray:

As for the coin, nobody in the room saw it yesterday, but they all know to keep an eye out now at least. :(
Title: RE: Melbourne ANDA Show 2014
Post by: keldaw on August 09, 2014, 05:38:31 PM
Quote from: 'Australian coin' pid='56451' dateline='1407493858'took some pics, might do a write up stuff tomorrow
(http://www.australian-coins.net/gallery/albums/userpics/10011/coin_peeps.jpg)

 ok , who are you all I know A C AND GOLDIE  but you other guys , I have no idea , please introduce yourself    ,, kel ,,
Title: RE: Melbourne ANDA Show 2014
Post by: Fr45h3R on August 09, 2014, 05:44:31 PM
Quote from: 'keldaw' pid='56563' dateline='1407571711'
Quote from: 'Australian coin' pid='56451' dateline='1407493858'took some pics, might do a write up stuff tomorrow
(http://www.australian-coins.net/gallery/albums/userpics/10011/coin_peeps.jpg)

 ok , who are you all I know A C AND GOLDIE  but you other guys , I have no idea , please introduce yourself    ,, kel ,,

From left to right
Emu666, Australian Coin, Goldie, wwwww and myself.
Title: RE: Melbourne ANDA Show 2014
Post by: Australian coin on August 09, 2014, 05:44:35 PM
haha people don't have to tell who they are, people can be anonymous, I ended up meeting people who don't want to identify themselves but showed me rare and unusual coins at the show, I was the only person allowed to photo them and they were just brought along especially

(http://www.australian-coins.net/gallery/albums/userpics/10011/1977_50c_error.jpg)

introducing a 1977 jubilee with a coat of arms on the other side, the story was it was purchased as a unique item, but a few months later another one turned up for auction then the police confiscated it. so this is the only one in private hands

(http://www.australian-coins.net/gallery/albums/userpics/10011/1c_error.jpg)

don't know much about this, there was a selection of coins I could take pictures of but I didn't want to upset the person and take up all the time, so I just pictured things of interest, there was also something like a 2c struck on a 1c planchet and many others that you could see normally elsewhere, like miss strikes and stuff

(http://www.australian-coins.net/gallery/albums/userpics/10011/NZ_and_5c.jpg)

haha the estimate is not the real price payed

I should note that all pictured I scaled down the original size is wallpaper if PP wants to use them on the blog
Title: RE: Melbourne ANDA Show 2014
Post by: proof27 on August 09, 2014, 06:08:34 PM
From left to right
Emu666, Australian Coin, Goldie, wwwww and myself.
[/quote]

I was standing right next to the guys on the right today, didn't even realise, so which one was Walter? And Fulvio, I was going to say g'day but I herd and seen you were on a mission with the stolen mule.
Title: RE: Melbourne ANDA Show 2014
Post by: keldaw on August 09, 2014, 06:15:44 PM
thanks rob , thank you for the introduction ,

 hi guys ..

  sorry KIM , but it,s nice to know who we are talking to .

 and the part of this story that was sad was about Bruce  losing his

 slabbed mule dollar but it excited me when they said

     [ the mule that Bruce lost ] was AU 55 and worth $ 3000.00

because the 2 that I just got back from  , U S , were about the same

grading at    A U 50  and  A U 55  so I am very happy about that ..

   ,, kel ,,


the numbers of mine are ,

 29866314          A U 50

 29866315          A U 55

  if you want to see them ..     ,, kel ,,
Title: RE: Melbourne ANDA Show 2014
Post by: Goldseeker on August 09, 2014, 07:25:01 PM
Slightly misleading.   My visit to the ANDA Show was that I had spent $2250.00 on coins plus the loss of the MULE at a conservative value of $500.00.

For Fulvio:   Thanks for finding the scan of the lost MULE.   I still can't find it on my computer at home.
Title: RE: Melbourne ANDA Show 2014
Post by: Fr45h3R on August 09, 2014, 07:59:40 PM
Quote from: 'proof27' pid='56566' dateline='1407573514'From left to right
Emu666, Australian Coin, Goldie, wwwww and myself.

I was standing right next to the guys on the right today, didn't even realise, so which one was Walter? And Fulvio, I was going to say g'day but I herd and seen you were on a mission with the stolen mule.
[/quote]

Walter wasn't there, so you probably saw me with Eric (drake sterling)
A long couple of days for me.  just touched down at home in sydney
Title: RE: Melbourne ANDA Show 2014
Post by: Australian coin on August 09, 2014, 09:14:07 PM
(http://www.australian-coins.net/gallery/albums/userpics/10011/hong_kong.jpg)

1981 scalloped variety, struck on a Hong Kong $2 planchet

now while I was able to take pictures of cool coins, one business was rude to me > I asked a lady if I could take a pic of a interesting coin at IAG and a fat man next to me said loudly NO, I was like ok, just so you know I am "Australian coin" from the "Australian coin forum!" and cranky spanked and was like no free advertising for you. haha all the other coin sellers knew who I was and were really nice, some said I remember you from last year and talked about how things have been and they even took coins out and adjusted lighting and said is that ok, cos they know that I will show there coin pics. and all the other coin sellers were really nice and fun to talk to.
I got business cards when I took the pics so will have to match up the sellers to the coins

highlights from sellers
(http://www.australian-coins.net/gallery/albums/userpics/10011/threepence.jpg)

oh and while I remember I was told that the RAM only took 2000 pre stamped $1 coins to the show

(http://www.australian-coins.net/gallery/albums/userpics/10011/threepence_2.jpg)
(http://www.australian-coins.net/gallery/albums/userpics/10011/sixpence.jpg)
Title: RE: Melbourne ANDA Show 2014
Post by: trout on August 09, 2014, 09:41:52 PM
Was that Peters Scalloped 20 cent coin in the images Kim?
Title: RE: Melbourne ANDA Show 2014
Post by: Australian coin on August 09, 2014, 09:47:39 PM
(http://www.australian-coins.net/gallery/albums/userpics/10011/florin.jpg)

yes, its pretty and we put it next to a normal 20c

I know you like Canberra florins so I seen these pretty's
(http://www.australian-coins.net/gallery/albums/userpics/10011/florin_c.jpg)

Unc step
(http://www.australian-coins.net/gallery/albums/userpics/10011/step.jpg)

(http://www.australian-coins.net/gallery/albums/userpics/10011/florin_proof_c.jpg)

(http://www.australian-coins.net/gallery/albums/userpics/10011/florin_proof_c_.jpg)
(http://www.australian-coins.net/gallery/albums/userpics/10011/steps_p.jpg)
Title: RE: Melbourne ANDA Show 2014
Post by: Fulvio on August 10, 2014, 01:18:34 AM
AC, the RAM told me 3,500 were struck, and said it in a way that suggested that was the total portable press mintage. When I pointed out there is no limit on what gets struck at the Royal Show, he grudgingly acknowledged that was correct and the real mintage could be anything.

Goldy, apologies for screwing up the value. Guess I was in too much shock for your words to properly sink in.

In other news, the highlight for me in the awards presentations was a young lady who was a first-time exhibitor taking out a second place with her Russian banknotes (the ones right down the end of the tables). She asked my opinion earlier in the day, and I told her my only criticism is she should have used a larger font for us blind old bastards. ;) I've no doubt Splock will be posting a full list of the winners, so I won't steal his thunder.. but I have piccies. ;)
Title: RE: Melbourne ANDA Show 2014
Post by: Goldseeker on August 10, 2014, 09:39:19 AM
The photos above are excellent once again and you get better as you go AC.

All I ask is that all persons that came into contact will me, just before the group photo was taken at the ANDA Show, please, please, please go through all your pockets, bags, purses etc to see if the my missing MULE has accidently been placed in one of those places.

I have turned my bag, bedroom and house upside down looking for it to no avail.

I am seriously thinking of trying to finds someone who can hypnotise me and walk me through that time to see if I can remember where/what I have done with the coin.

Anyone no a good hypnotist?   If so, please PM me.   Seriously.
Title: RE: Melbourne ANDA Show 2014
Post by: Pedro on August 10, 2014, 10:06:07 AM
Fingers crossed Goldy that your mule turns up again quickly.

Pedro
Title: RE: Melbourne ANDA Show 2014
Post by: Fr45h3R on August 10, 2014, 10:12:28 AM
Quote from: 'Goldseeker' pid='56589' dateline='1407629359'The photos above are excellent once again and you get better as you go AC.

All I ask is that all persons that came into contact will me, just before the group photo was taken at the ANDA Show, please, please, please go through all your pockets, bags, purses etc to see if the my missing MULE has accidently been placed in one of those places.

I have turned my bag, bedroom and house upside down looking for it to no avail.

I am seriously thinking of trying to finds someone who can hypnotise me and walk me through that time to see if I can remember where/what I have done with the coin.

Anyone no a good hypnotist?   If so, please PM me.   Seriously.

Hi Goldie, I checked my bag / pockets but no go. I can't recall seeing the coin myself, I know I had a flick through your album. I thought I recalled seeing some coins in the blue PCGS box, but those were the coins in there before you got the box.
Title: RE: Melbourne ANDA Show 2014
Post by: ausjack on August 10, 2014, 12:04:22 PM
I'm trying so hard to be good :angel:
Title: RE: Melbourne ANDA Show 2014
Post by: czark on August 13, 2014, 08:24:30 PM
Awesome images AC! Thanks for sharing. It 's a shame about the business who bluntly refused you to take any photos.

Looking forward to some more pics! I couldn't make it :(
Title: RE: Melbourne ANDA Show 2014
Post by: Australian coin on August 13, 2014, 09:06:52 PM
the m counter stamp coin pic is here
http://www.australian-coins.net/showthread.php?tid=2877&page=2

I did get a few more things, but haven't took pics yet, a threepence error hehe, and a gift from my friends at coin club, that now have changed there name, also they had the lovely Elise Martinson with them at there table "she is a coin designer - bush babies, was the series I collected, but she has done many more, plus I had her sign my stuff in the previous years :)" its nice when business remember you, and I adore them xx
Title: RE: Melbourne ANDA Show 2014
Post by: runway on August 13, 2014, 10:20:04 PM
Mobile press at next show will be better
Title: RE: Melbourne ANDA Show 2014
Post by: Splock on August 14, 2014, 01:12:23 PM
Quote from: 'runway' pid='56966' dateline='1407934204'Mobile press at next show will be better

I did speak to the RAM about this and they said that they would be bringing the press to the Melbourne Show at the end of September. :-)
Title: RE: Melbourne ANDA Show 2014
Post by: Steveqld on August 14, 2014, 03:57:54 PM
Quote from: 'runway' pid='56966' dateline='1407934204'Mobile press at next show will be better

I bought some B counterstamp Voyage to Terra Australis coins at both the Brisbane ANDA show and the Exhibition.  Both are identical but $10 ea at the former and $5 ea at the latter.

At the exhibition, staff advised that there weren't limited to the advertised 7500 mintage.  They just keep stamping until the show finishes and that's when the mintage will end.
Title: RE: Melbourne ANDA Show 2014
Post by: ausjack on August 14, 2014, 04:26:46 PM
WHERE were you Steve, I missed ya sorry mate :( You'd better come to next years or your in trouble :winkextra:
Title: RE: Melbourne ANDA Show 2014
Post by: Steveqld on August 14, 2014, 07:08:11 PM
Quote from: 'ausjack' pid='57017' dateline='1407999406'WHERE were you Steve, I missed ya sorry mate :( You'd better come to next years or your in trouble :winkextra:

I was away during ANDA so had to con my son into going along and getting some for me.  His comment was "There are some really weird people at those shows".  Wifey dictated my course at the Ekka but I managed to get a few minutes at the RAM stand.
Title: RE: Melbourne ANDA Show 2014
Post by: ausjack on August 14, 2014, 07:54:43 PM
Spewin, hope to make it next year so hope you can too :)
Title: RE: Melbourne ANDA Show 2014
Post by: robbiegal on August 15, 2014, 08:18:44 AM
Quote from: 'Australian coin' pid='56560' dateline='1407571229'a look at the show

(http://www.australian-coins.net/gallery/albums/userpics/10011/show1.JPG)
(http://www.australian-coins.net/gallery/albums/userpics/10011/show_2.JPG)

forgot to say that I can see my coin dealer in the background of the second photo

yeah I agree with you Steve
the first time we went to a coin show we both commented on the various odd balls that were there as well!!
now we are the odd balls!! ha ha
Title: RE: Melbourne ANDA Show 2014
Post by: Fulvio on August 15, 2014, 03:01:53 PM
Seems a lot of forum members were there independently, eh? Now you see why we need shirts, hats, badges or whatever?
Title: RE: Melbourne ANDA Show 2014
Post by: czark on August 15, 2014, 03:26:15 PM
Not a bad idea Fulvio, I think a lanyard would work or at least a badge. I have been pretty busy lately but I'll see what I can do.
Title: RE: Melbourne ANDA Show 2014
Post by: ausjack on August 15, 2014, 04:41:27 PM
what about a tough sticker on our foreheads and colour our hair bright pink and maybe even a mohawk so we're easy to spot..just a thought :)
Title: RE: Melbourne ANDA Show 2014
Post by: Australian coin on August 15, 2014, 05:49:31 PM
I wore a CCF badge a few years back to a ANDA show, no one even seen it or cared

then when they had the special pre launch of the coin Australian Megafauna Perth Mint, I got a media pass, and wore it all day, I think two dealers asked what that was from

its a case of been there done that, and there's nothing in it for me
Title: RE: Melbourne ANDA Show 2014
Post by: czark on August 15, 2014, 07:09:41 PM
The idea was more for us to find each other whilst roaming the floor.

Having said that you can usually find me or AC with a camera snapping away at everything :)
Title: RE: Melbourne ANDA Show 2014
Post by: triplewitch on August 15, 2014, 09:09:32 PM
Maybe designate a meeting point where members could check in from time to time.
Title: RE: Melbourne ANDA Show 2014
Post by: Goldseeker on August 18, 2014, 09:32:40 PM
That's fine triplewitch but if nobody has been to that p[articular room/hall before, how do we know where to meet?
Title: RE: Melbourne ANDA Show 2014
Post by: triplewitch on August 18, 2014, 10:08:56 PM
I would guess that there are areas common to every show such as a place where people can pause for a while in their activities.  The location doesn't have to have a specific designation.  It could be something like 'just inside the door to the right' or 'to the left of the registration desk'.
Title: RE: Melbourne ANDA Show 2014
Post by: Goldseeker on September 22, 2014, 03:53:54 PM
OK one and all, I have just got home form the Melbourne Show where the RAM had it's PORTABLE PRESS in operation at a cost of $5.00 per coin for a "M" Counterstamp Terra Australia.

I have fulfilled previously asked orders that were to be filled at the ANDA Show but I postponed the getting of the coins to this show.   The wait was justified.   Coins from the ANDA Show were $10.00 each, Melbourne Show coins only $5.00.

So, If others wish to order coins from the Melbourne Show, please PM with your requirements but be warned/advised, I shall have to pass on the admission fee, ($20.00) to be split between the coins ordered.   Postage will remain the same at $6.00 for registered post.

Last day of the show for coins will be 30 Sep 2014 so orders will close Monday, 29 Sep 2014.
Title: RE: Melbourne ANDA Show 2014
Post by: interest on September 22, 2014, 06:00:12 PM
Quote from: 'Goldseeker' pid='59853' dateline='1411367034'OK one and all, I have just got home form the Melbourne Show where the RAM had it's PORTABLE PRESS in operation at a cost of $5.00 per coin for a "M" Counterstamp Terra Australia.

I have fulfilled previously asked orders that were to be filled at the ANDA Show but I postponed the getting of the coins to this show.   The wait was justified.   Coins from the ANDA Show were $10.00 each, Melbourne Show coins only $5.00.

So, If others wish to order coins from the Melbourne Show, please PM with your requirements but be warned/advised, I shall have to pass on the admission fee, ($20.00) to be split between the coins ordered.   Postage will remain the same at $6.00 for registered post.

Last day of the show for coins will be 30 Sep 2014 so orders will close Monday, 29 Sep 2014.
Hi Bruce, if by chance you have a couple of extra's. I would really appreciate them.
Thanks
Title: RE: Melbourne ANDA Show 2014
Post by: Goldseeker on September 22, 2014, 07:54:49 PM
Interest:   As of now, I have no spares but if I get more requests to go and get some more, I shall add yours to the list.
Title: RE: Melbourne ANDA Show 2014
Post by: markn on September 22, 2014, 08:17:26 PM
Quote from: 'Goldseeker' pid='59868' dateline='1411381489'Interest:   As of now, I have no spares but if I get more requests to go and get some more, I shall add yours to the list.

No trading outside of the trading forums.  Either take this to PM or start a new thread in the trading forums please.
Title: RE: Melbourne ANDA Show 2014
Post by: runway on September 23, 2014, 12:16:27 AM
Goldseeker I have sent you a private message with request thank you
Title: RE: Melbourne ANDA Show 2014
Post by: Goldseeker on September 23, 2014, 10:41:10 AM
FOR Moderators:

Can you please move these messages to the trading topic.

Sorry for breaking the rules.

Thanks.
Title: RE: Melbourne ANDA Show 2014
Post by: markn on September 23, 2014, 10:59:41 AM
Quote from: 'Goldseeker' pid='59893' dateline='1411434670'FOR Moderators:

Can you please move these messages to the trading topic.

Sorry for breaking the rules.

Thanks.

Start a new thread there with your offer to other members included and I'll move the posts across to it.
Title: RE: Melbourne ANDA Show 2014
Post by: Goldseeker on September 23, 2014, 11:35:12 AM
Any further discussion re "M" Counterstamp Coins please go to http://www.australian-coins.net/showthread.php?tid=3044

MarkN:   Please transfer all comments re the Melbourne Show coins to http://www.australian-coins.net/showthread.php?tid=3044

Thanks.

Quote from: 'markn' pid='59894' dateline='1411435781'
Quote from: 'Goldseeker' pid='59893' dateline='1411434670'FOR Moderators:

Can you please move these messages to the trading topic.

Sorry for breaking the rules.

Thanks.

Start a new thread there with your offer to other members included and I'll move the posts across to it.