Australian-Coins Forum

Australian Coins, Banknotes and Exonumia => Australian Pre-Decimal Coins => Topic started by: serial on May 20, 2014, 02:42:41 PM

Title: 1946 penny from bulk lot
Post by: serial on May 20, 2014, 02:42:41 PM
got this today what do you think?
(http://www.australian-coins.net/gallery/albums/userpics/11197/1946_penny_f.JPG)
(http://www.australian-coins.net/gallery/albums/userpics/11197/1946_penny_c.JPG)
(http://www.australian-coins.net/gallery/albums/userpics/11197/1946_penny_b.JPG)
(http://www.australian-coins.net/gallery/albums/userpics/11197/1946_penny_a.JPG)
Title: RE: 1946 penny from bulk lot
Post by: stevo1962 on May 20, 2014, 02:44:20 PM
Nice mid grade coin worth about $65 I reckon
Title: RE: 1946 penny from bulk lot
Post by: Robster on May 20, 2014, 03:39:13 PM
Nice find.!!
Title: RE: 1946 penny from bulk lot
Post by: proof27 on May 21, 2014, 05:47:23 PM
wish I could take pics like that.
Title: RE: 1946 penny from bulk lot
Post by: emu666 on May 21, 2014, 05:49:30 PM
Quote from: 'Robster' pid='49610' dateline='1400566153'Nice find.!!


How cool is that!!
Title: RE: 1946 penny from bulk lot
Post by: ausjack on May 21, 2014, 05:50:45 PM
Yeah they look ok but I know stuff all but maybe try a lighter back ground to highlight the coin serial, nice low mintage, well done :good:
Title: RE: 1946 penny from bulk lot
Post by: Triggersmob on May 21, 2014, 07:08:27 PM
Nice find for a bulk lot. :)
Title: RE: 1946 penny from bulk lot
Post by: runway on May 21, 2014, 11:17:22 PM
Good in any grade
Title: RE: 1946 penny from bulk lot
Post by: gnome on March 08, 2016, 06:55:13 AM
Just a quick question on the 1946 penny. Just checking out the 2nd edition varieties book on page 49. There is a listing for a thick plancet 2gms overweight. Anyone seen or know anything on this.
Appologies for borrowing your thread Serial, didn't think it warranted a new one for a question. :)
Title: RE: 1946 penny from bulk lot
Post by: robbiegal on March 08, 2016, 09:35:02 PM
not me
first I heard of it  and I have, over the years had many of them
Title: RE: 1946 penny from bulk lot
Post by: gnome on March 09, 2016, 10:34:52 AM
Yeah came up in the varieties book. 2 gms seems to be alot. Could be typo as well, I have one that is a little overweight, [needs a diet] but not 2 gms.