Australian-Coins Forum

Numismatic Discussion => Books and Publications => Topic started by: Nevol on November 01, 2012, 08:48:15 AM

Title: RAM - Annual Reports
Post by: Nevol on November 01, 2012, 08:48:15 AM
2011-2012 Now available:

http://www.ramint.gov.au/about/compliance/downloads/2012/2012_AnnualReport.pdf
Title: RE: RAM - Annual Reports
Post by: markn on November 01, 2012, 09:05:50 AM
Quote from: 'Nevol' pid='2204' dateline='1351721895'2011-2012 Now available:

http://www.ramint.gov.au/about/compliance/downloads/2012/2012_AnnualReport.pdf

Well PPH won't be talking to me for a week because those are out.  The life of a RAM Annual Report Widower is a tough one. ;)
Title: RE: RAM - Annual Reports
Post by: purplepennyhunter on November 01, 2012, 09:07:07 AM
Geez if I don't already have enough to do....
Title: RE: RAM - Annual Reports
Post by: Mister T on November 01, 2012, 09:10:33 AM
Thanks. Very interesting reading (at least from p105).
Title: RE: RAM - Annual Reports
Post by: emu666 on November 01, 2012, 12:11:50 PM
Quote from: 'purplepennyhunter' pid='2209' dateline='1351723027'Geez if I don't already have enough to do....

Is your blog done yet?
Title: RE: RAM - Annual Reports
Post by: purplepennyhunter on November 01, 2012, 12:47:01 PM
Quote from: 'emu666' pid='2242' dateline='1351734110'
Quote from: 'purplepennyhunter' pid='2209' dateline='1351723027'Geez if I don't already have enough to do....

Is your blog done yet?

I haven't even looked at it yet. How about you write an article and submit it to the blog. I'll even give you credit Dr PRA.
Title: RE: RAM - Annual Reports
Post by: Pedro on November 01, 2012, 04:39:39 PM
There would appear (at least so far - who knows what next year's report will bring) to be several circulating coins with small mintages eg 2011 10c. The hunt will be on in earnest.

Pedro
Title: RE: RAM - Annual Reports
Post by: Mister T on November 01, 2012, 05:35:11 PM
I see it says that some 1981 10 seniti were made for Tonga. I wonder if that's a mistake.
Title: RE: RAM - Annual Reports
Post by: purplepennyhunter on November 05, 2012, 01:09:25 PM
I've moved this thread from Aust. Circultion Coins to the publications section, apologies to those now going WTF :huh:

My first problem with the annual report after now reading it from cover cover (so to speak) is that there is still no reference to the Heritage Set (http://www.australian-threepence.com/blog/2010/11/1966-decimal-heritage-set.html). It was accidently left off last years report and if I remember correctly there should have been an ammendment or it should have been included in this report.
Title: RE: RAM - Annual Reports
Post by: Australian coin on November 05, 2012, 02:05:37 PM
It was a sell-out!
http://www.coinclub.com.au/products/RAM-2010-1966-Decimal-Currency-Heritage-Set.html
Title: RE: RAM - Annual Reports
Post by: purplepennyhunter on November 05, 2012, 04:12:59 PM
Yes AC but it should be included in the mintages. As far as the paperwork is concerned it doesn't exist and was never minted!

The one dollar tables are now completely up to date.
One Dollar Mintages (http://www.australian-threepence.com/blog/2012/11/2010-2011-and-2012-one-dollar-mintage-updates-1.html)
Title: RE: RAM - Annual Reports
Post by: Fr45h3R on November 05, 2012, 04:35:29 PM
Thanks for the update PPH.
Interesting to see 20+ million on the 2010 MOR...
People are asking big money for these in rolls as the catalog has the mintages at 3.2million.
Title: RE: RAM - Annual Reports
Post by: trout on November 05, 2012, 05:05:09 PM
Quote from: 'Fr45h3R' pid='2557' dateline='1352095529'Thanks for the update PPH.
Interesting to see 20+ million on the 2010 MOR...
People are asking big money for these in rolls as the catalog has the mintages at 3.2million.

I have been finding heaps of 2010 MOR's here, All in pristine condition.
They may have just released a new batch of them
Title: RE: RAM - Annual Reports
Post by: purplepennyhunter on November 05, 2012, 05:09:01 PM
Yes the 2010 roo is the only 2010 dated dollar to appear in this years report.  The 2010 roo mintage was also spread across 3 financial years! It's not often you get mintages over 3 years.

There is also a mintage  in the report of 2011 coloured kingfisher dollars, 300 coins that may have been a private issue for something or other that I can't place. It says in clamshell which usually means they were provided to someone for issue in something like a pnc maybe but the number is too small for that.

I can check each issue with the item code against the Mint eshop or the Mint issue magazine but I stil can't place it.

There's also something going on with The President's Cup coins. I think they've shipped a lot offshore and there's some montages there I can't place.

$1 proof silver presidents cup pamp, 2011, item code 510124, 5560 produced of 20,000 mintage

$1 proof silver presidents cup in capsule, 2011, item code 510125, 2000 produced of 20,000 mintage

$1 uncirculated presidents cup pamp, 2011, item code 510079, 22,500 of unlimited mintage.

Now I'm sure I've accounted for the other issues with different line items.

There's also a couple of typo's too, the Queen's visit $5 labelled a $1 and the coloured butterfly incorrectly dated 2012.
Title: RE: RAM - Annual Reports
Post by: Australian coin on November 06, 2012, 12:48:46 PM
And that’s why I haven’t read it yet! I was hoping others could narrow it down for me first.

I guess I should have a sticky beak at it later.

Do you want me to identify the items listed for you, my first guess is that they are probably different packaging.
Eg even thou they release a coin or card $1, sometime they do another run for PNC
I could be totally off at the moment I just not with it today

(http://www.coinnews.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/2011-The-Presidents-Cup-Coins-510x156.jpg)
The Royal Australian Mint has released five different The Presidents Cup Coins. Shown above from left to right, the collection includes: a $1 Colour Printed Silver Proof Coin, a $25 Gold Proof Coin, a $10 Silver Proof Coin, a $1 Uncirculated Coin and a $1 Silver Proof Coin.

2011 $1 Presidents Cup PNC
I dint even know they made these, tho to be fair I am not that into golfing coins.

(https://www.coincity.com.au/catalog/images/2011%20$1%20presidents%20cup%20pnc.gif)

Denomination : $1 + 60c Stamp
Finish : Uncirculated
Metal : Aluminium Bronze
Mintage : Unlimited
$15.95 May have to check price, this is what it you can buy it for now, unsure if this is issue price

Oh just found it on your site… der :blush:
http://www.australian-threepence.com/blog/2011/12/2011-pnc-the-presidents-cup-dollar.html

Also did
2011 The Presidents Cup 2 Medallion Cover PNC
(http://cdn2.bigcommerce.com/server700/e56c9/products/499/images/1078/Presidents_cup__ltd_pnc__35637.1326252601.1280.1280.gif)
Title: RE: RAM - Annual Reports
Post by: purplepennyhunter on November 06, 2012, 01:27:03 PM
I have accounted for those you mention above AC, those I listed are extra's probably produced in different packaging for overseas or a special occasion that I am not privy to. The medallion PNC are not coins so I'm not particularly interested in those.
Title: RE: RAM - Annual Reports
Post by: Australian coin on November 06, 2012, 01:40:38 PM
OK quick facts
From pic 1 mintages.
1.   7,500
2.   1,500
3.   1,500
4.   Unlimited
5.   20,000
Found in mint issue 91 pg3.
Normally you can use coin-club website to correspond mint product codes with the desired item, but the codes quoted don’t come up with any item.

Fire the accountant I say. I can do way better organising stuff

Ah look what I just found!
(http://images.goldavenue.com/www.pamp.com/AG00CO022PC94_15.png)
A 4 coin set box thingy
That’s not an official product I know of.
http://www.pamp.ch/Pages/fullScreen.aspx?id=THEPRESIDENTSCUP-AG00CO022PC94

Also this page suggests privy marks? I DON’T KNOW
http://americaneagleassociates.com/about-us/news/royal-australian-mint-announces-official-coin-program-to-commemorate-2011-presidents-cup.html

http://www.mintauthority.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=MA04
wow at a mintage of 300, that a pretty rare set
Title: RE: RAM - Annual Reports
Post by: purplepennyhunter on November 06, 2012, 02:16:20 PM
Quote from: 'Australian coin' pid='2598' dateline='1352171438'http://www.mintauthority.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=MA04
wow at a mintage of 300, that a pretty rare set

Ahh but limited "presentation" is different.

The pamp thing is part of the answer. They possibly sold an unc al br $1 can you find a link to that almightly googler AC?
Title: RE: RAM - Annual Reports
Post by: Australian coin on November 06, 2012, 02:44:43 PM
Pamp is mainly bullion, no al br $1
This site is the only one I found that sold them, the packaging looks the same.
http://www.mintauthority.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=MA14

I am now pooped
Title: RE: RAM - Annual Reports
Post by: purplepennyhunter on November 12, 2012, 09:27:20 AM
I just got a reply from an email I sent to the RAM.

It confirms the gallery press coins are included in the Mint shop sales and are not reported on in the mintages.

It also says the 2010 Heritage Set was missed again and would be in next years report along with a couple of other clerical errors I noted for them.