http://www.news.com.au/national/remembrance-day-coin-honours-fallen-diggers/story-fncynjr2-1226503425666
Only shows the Rev, so I guess the Obv is standard.
According to the Royal Australian Mint's press release (http://www.ramint.gov.au/media/press-releases/2012/20121026.cfm) it looks like there will be three versions, with an uncoloured example for circulation and two pad printed versions, one for release through RSL's and a collectors version with a 'C' mintmark.
I'm disappointed the coloured one isn't for circulation...exactly... It's all about the fine print.
Coloured $2 (http://www.australian-threepence.com/blog/2012/10/2012-commemorative-circulation-2-dollar.html)
The media is all over that it's the first coloured coin for Aussie circulation but the RAM media release says it's being "circulated by the RSL" which is very different. The non-coloured version will be sent out though banks and retailers.
I have sent my folks off to bug our local RSL, to see if they know how to get the coloured plain one.
In the case of no one knows what there on about, may need a contingency plan. Who’s putting there hand up for backups!
Also would like to get the plain circulation type, should turn up in change but still don’t want to miss out.
xx
AC
Hopefully they distribute them fairly evenly actoss the states but i have a feeling they wont. I would hve enjoyed the colour one for circulation.
Ive been to a few of my usual branches and asked them to be on the look out for any new armaguard bags of them. Might be worth a trip to the rsl in a few weeks or so to buy a pint with a $10 note trying to get a $2 coin for change.
The RSL "Release" coloured coins are supposed to be retailing at $10 ea
at those RSL Branches that actually participate.
I wonder how they'll be packaged then for $10 each.
Probably card mounted with PET blister, along with appropriate text.
Quote from: 'purplepennyhunter' pid='1858' dateline='1351210990'I'm disappointed the coloured one isn't for circulation...exactly... It's all about the fine print.
Coloured $2 (http://www.australian-threepence.com/blog/2012/10/2012-commemorative-circulation-2-dollar.html)
The media is all over that it's the first coloured coin for Aussie circulation but the RAM media release says it's being "circulated by the RSL" which is very different. The non-coloured version will be sent out though banks and retailers.
Not exactly helped by the Frequently Asked Questions (http://www.ramint.gov.au/media/noticeboard/2012/20121026.cfm):
QuoteWon't the coloured coins get damaged when they are handled as change?
Nice design anyway.
So if they are handed out by the RSL in a special package not many of them are actually going to make it to change. Especially if you have forked out $10.
Maybe the RSL won't have them in special packaging.
I saw it on the news this evening and it looks like it comes in a packet.
most likely in the same folder as on the ram site, i like it. i think it would look good in a silver proof version, shame there not making one.
Here we go:
The $2 coin with a Certificate of Donation will be available for a $10 donation from the RSL-SA State Branch from Wednesday 31 October. Maximum 5 per purchaser. A phone order system and an online sales system will be initiated. Registered Post for 1-5 coins will be $5 per donation.""
RSL Source Link (http://www.rslsa.org.au/news/index.cfm?fuseaction=display_main&NewsID=28530&OrgID=1113#.UIsFx8VQGpA)
Hm, nothing on the Queensland RSL site yet, though on the news story a couple of men in uniform appeared to be selling them on the street.
(https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A6GZm7LCAAAju7S.jpg)
Picture of all the types:
Left > Coloured Canberra mint mark (the “c†is in the right side poppy flower)
2012 Remembrance Day ‘C’ Mintmark $2 Copper Aluminium and Nickel Colour Printed Coin
Reverse
A central circle containing the words ‘REMEMBRANCE DAY’ repeated and presented in 11 rows. The central circle also contains the words ‘LEST WE FORGET’ in inverse order, repeated and presented in 11 rows. The design includes a coloured representation of a red poppy flower in the foreground, a representation of a poppy flower, and the inscriptions ‘TWO DOLLARS’ and ‘REMEMBRANCE’. Superimposed on another representation of a poppy flower is the letter ‘C’. This letter denotes the Royal Australian Mint in Canberra.
Obverse
Consistent with all Australian legal tender coinage, an effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II will appear on the obverse side of the coin together with the inscriptions ‘ELIZABETH II’, ‘AUSTRALIA 2012’ and the initials of the designer Ian Rank-Broadley ‘IRB’.
Middle > Plain Circulation design
2012 Remembrance Day $2 Copper Aluminium and Nickel Coin
Reverse
A central circle containing a representation of a poppy flower superimposed on the words ‘REMEMBRANCE DAY’ repeated and presented in 11 rows as well as the words ‘LEST WE FORGET’ in inverse order, repeated and presented in 11 rows. The design includes two representations of a poppy flower and the inscriptions ‘TWO DOLLARS’ and ‘REMEMBRANCE’.
Obverse
Consistent with all Australian legal tender coinage, an effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II will appear on the obverse side of the coin together with the inscriptions ‘ELIZABETH II’, ‘AUSTRALIA 2012’ and the initials of the designer Ian Rank-Broadley ‘IRB’.
Right > RSL Coloured design
I think the RSL coins have frosting in the middle?
I couldn’t find a currency description for it?
It seems to me that the challenge will be getting an uncirculated non-coloured variety
:sportbike:
Here is the Canadian version from 2008.
The obverse has the "Cleaning Lady" Portrait:laugh2:
[attachment=301]
[attachment=302]
I'm excited about this release but still peeved the coloured coin isn't "truly" for circulation. If there's a run on then and I can't get one I'll be cross. Mintage 500k.
Quote from: 'purplepennyhunter' pid='1977' dateline='1351411314'I'm excited about this release but still peeved the coloured coin isn't "truly" for circulation. If there's a run on then and I can't get one I'll be cross. Mintage 500k.
I am certain that one of the members from this site will make sure that you dont get Cross:P
I already have feelers out to pounce on the RSL guys/gals come Wed/Thurs this week. I will proudly donate $10 for one of these.
I just pre ordered 2 of the coloured ones:yahoo:
$5 postage per coin or per order? I hope it is per order. $5 seems excessive per coin.
Quote from: 'enworb' pid='2029' dateline='1351505733'$5 postage per coin or per order? I hope it is per order. $5 seems excessive per coin.
Mine cost me $27.80 for 2 delivered, I probebly paid too much again:dash1:
Online coins lismore?
Quote from: 'enworb' pid='2032' dateline='1351507141'Online coins lismore?
Thats the one
Oh you got the “c†Canberra mint mark, I put a order in for that one too.
I am hoping to also get the RSL coloured one, it supposed to cost $10 each, then theres an additional $5 for postage or something, but I don’t even know where to get them from, POOP
My local RSL came up with nothing in store, hoping they can do an order or something for me, but you just don’t know?
Quote from: 'Australian coin' pid='2054' dateline='1351555104'My local RSL came up with nothing in store, hoping they can do an order or something for me, but you just don’t know?
In NSW it is the RSL-Sub Branch that normally handles this
type of activity.
The attendant Womans Auxillary would handle the actual sales.
A Sub-Branch is restricted to Serving and ex-serving Defence Force members.
The actual Community RSL Club would usually not be directly involved.
Rob
The Queensland RSL has them for sale now: http://www.rslshop.com.au/
Quote from: 'Mister T' pid='2137' dateline='1351644958'The Queensland RSL has them for sale now: http://www.rslshop.com.au/
Ripper :yahoo:
Now I only need the plain brand jobbies:angel:
oooh ooohhh ooohhh thanks for the link. I have been itching for one of these.
I wonder if the circulation coins will be minted in Perth again like the CHOGEM coins.
We Got masses of those blokes here before anyone else got em
I will keep my eyes peeled for you blokes:yahoo:
Mister T, thanks for the link.
Quote from: 'trout' pid='2154' dateline='1351653100'I wonder if the circulation coins will be minted in Perth again like the CHOGEM coins.
We Got masses of those blokes here before anyone else got em
I will keep my eyes peeled for you blokes:yahoo:
The CHOGM coins were not minted in Perth. They were minted in Canberra. I think you'll find they were released first into Perth.
:off_topic: Weren't the CHOGM's released in Perth because CHOGM was held in Perth.
Quote from: 'purplepennyhunter' pid='2195' dateline='1351718161':off_topic: Weren't the CHOGM's released in Perth because CHOGM was held in Perth.
Yep! :whistle2:
Quote from: 'purplepennyhunter' pid='2148' dateline='1351648699'oooh ooohhh ooohhh thanks for the link. I have been itching for one of these.
Quote from: 'Graham' pid='2192' dateline='1351716548'Mister T, thanks for the link.
No worries.
I saw some for sale when I was out today so I bought one.
Sorry, no photos (I haven't worked out how to get photos off my phone).
edit: Hard to say because I've left the packing intact, but it looks like the coin is glued or somehow bound to the card.
Oh don't tell me it's glued. You'll have to get it out.
Hm, I'll take a closer look once the rest arrive in the mail.
What should I have on my hands to prevent finger prints?
Have you got some white cotton gloves?
Send it to Trout :whistle2:
Quote from: 'Fordprefect' pid='2262' dateline='1351747293'Send it to Trout :whistle2:
I have 2 of these comming from the RSL, Looks like I will be breaking out the acetone.
A shame to have to use this on a brand new coin.:dodgy:
If you use acetone you'll lose the red poppy.
Quote from: 'purplepennyhunter' pid='2264' dateline='1351748027'If you use acetone you'll lose the red poppy.
Bugger I din't think of that:dash1:
And how many "Error Missing Pad Print" are going to turn up on ebay? :yahoo:
I just hope they have used that rubbery easy peel glue you get on other stuff.
I am ex Army so I imagine they have used araldite :dash1:
Quote from: 'purplepennyhunter' pid='2259' dateline='1351746676'Have you got some white cotton gloves?
No I don't unfortunately. I think I've got some disposable rubber gloves but I don't know if they're any good.
Just use a plain white unscented tissue,
won't mark the coin and insulates the
oil and rubbish that may be on your fingers.
Quote from: 'Fordprefect' pid='2275' dateline='1351753875'Just use a plain white unscented tissue,
won't mark the coin and insulates the
oil and rubbish that may be on your fingers.
I agree I'm not a fan of the cotton gloves as they will become contaminated after a while ( unless you buy a new pair every time you handle your coins).
When I am cracking coins from slabs,proof sets or mint sets, I simply use a nice peice of spotlessly clean cotton muslin (Same thing they wrap carcases up at the butchers) and pick the coins up with clean tissues then put them in the 2x2.
No figerprints ,Scratches or dust/moisture gets within Cooee of the coin.
Simple cheap and effective.
On the circulated stuff I simply pick them up by holding them finger and thumb on the rim, After all they have been touched before :good:
I wash my cotton gloves, I have about a hundred pairs. Just use something to cover your hands like a clean dry tea towel or clean old t-shirt, something cotton and not abrasive.
Anyone have any idea when the circulating coins are going to hit the streets?
Thanks for the advice Fordprefect, trout and purplepenny. I'm sure I'll be able to work something out.
Aren't the coins sold through the RSL the same as those that will be made available via coin dealers?
If not, what is the difference?
Cotton gloves used to be available at Coles supermarkets for about $5 per pair.
Quote from: 'Goldseeker' pid='2315' dateline='1351771275'Aren't the coins sold through the RSL the same as those that will be made available via coin dealers?
If not, what is the difference?
With the colured coins the dealers get you a coin with a "C' mintmark and the RSL coins have NO mintmark.
That is the only diferance with these coins :good:
Quote from: 'Nevol' pid='2316' dateline='1351771467'Cotton gloves used to be available at Coles supermarkets for about $5 per pair.
Thanks, I'll look into that.
The RSL coin should not be allocated to dealers, as they were made for the RSL for fundraising and so they get the money for them, NOT DEALERS
Dealers will be selling the Canberra mintmark
I would think that circulation coins will make an appearance in about a month in most states.
Depends on where money needs to be distributed at the time. You could see them as early as next week.
I just got an email from the RSL shop, My coins are in the mail:yahoo:
So they should be here in the next 6 weeks or so :dash1: :kez_11:
I went into town today to suss out the situation here in Adelaide. The RSL here aren't expecting their coins to arrive until about next Friday (9th) and everyone is being expected to pre-order if you want one as they're sure to be all gone before them. So I doubt we'll even see them being sold on the street by the Poppy Appeal peoples prior to 11/11.
Common sense would tell me that the ideal time for them to become available in circulation would be 11 Nov, but who uses common sense these days? :dontknow:
Quote from: 'purplepennyhunter' pid='2264' dateline='1351748027'If you use acetone you'll lose the red poppy.
iv'e had a bit of a think about this and I recon if I only use a cotton bud with the acetone (spareingly) I should avoid any damage to the poppy :good:
Seeing as mine won't be here for a while can someone else try this and let me know how it turns out :diablo: :grin:
So here's what I'm thinking is going to happen. Demand for these coloured RSL distributed coins is going to be so high that they haven't thought about the fact that they are taking all these orders for coins and they don't know what their allocations are. As a customer we're not actually buying a coin we're making a tax deductable donation and we get a free coin. So when there are no coins left we miss out on the free coin "oh sorry, thanks for the donation anyways" I'd feel like the worlds worst asking for my money back, I just wouldn't.
Quote from: 'purplepennyhunter' pid='2387' dateline='1351829907'So here's what I'm thinking is going to happen. Demand for these coloured RSL distributed coins is going to be so high that they haven't thought about the fact that they are taking all these orders for coins and they don't know what their allocations are. As a customer we're not actually buying a coin we're making a tax deductable donation and we get a free coin. So when there are no coins left we miss out on the free coin "oh sorry, thanks for the donation anyways" I'd feel like the worlds worst asking for my money back, I just wouldn't.
I very much doubt that the RSL would scam anyone, If they didnt come up with the coins I would imagine they would hand you your money back.
If they didnt it would be the last time I donate to them
I'm not saying it's a scam and I wouldn't want my money back. But I do really really want the coins.
Quote from: 'purplepennyhunter' pid='2394' dateline='1351832727'I'm not saying it's a scam and I wouldn't want my money back. But I do really really want the coins.
i doubt in every way it is a scam ( Idonate to the RSL and the salvos) Like you I have my heart set on these coins:yahoo:
From my experience there hasn't been a great demand (yet anyway). When I bought mine the other day I was looking at all the things that were on offer (badges and pens etc) and the RSL guy suggested I get the $2 coin. He had at least 10 there too.
I was kind of surprised the Queensland RSL site allowed an order of up to 30 too as I think purplepenny said the South Australia RSL had a limit of 5 per person.
Mine are in the mail too.
I ordered 10 from the queensland rsl yesterday. I will be asking for my money back if they run out of coins. Yes i know i dont have a heart but so what.
Quote from: 'enworb' pid='2420' dateline='1351847809'I ordered 10 from the queensland rsl yesterday. I will be asking for my money back if they run out of coins. Yes i know i dont have a heart but so what.
What are you going to do with 10 coins? seems a bit greedy to me.
Unless you have aims of getting them for friends:yahoo:
Two are for me. Two are presents. The others are for someone else who wanted them.
Quote from: 'enworb' pid='2433' dateline='1351858232'Two are for me. Two are presents. The others are for someone else who wanted them.
Well done mate:yahoo:
I ordered 2, 1 for me and 1 for a mate of mine :good:
1 is for my pop, the other will be a secret santa gift for a CCF member
Quote from: 'enworb' pid='2437' dateline='1351861765'1 is for my pop, the other will be a secret santa gift for a CCF member
Nicely done:good:
I didn't think of that:cray:
First one on flea bay!
Check out the packaging!
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Lest-We-Forget-Unique-2-coloured-Poppy-coin-by-Returned-Services-League-UNC-/261122113776?pt=AU_Coins2&hash=item3ccc1740f0
NOT TAX DEDUCTABLE
poop :beee:
Looks like the glue/binding didn't put up much of a struggle which is good.
Not tax deductable....bleh
glue....bleh
(http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NzI4WDE2MDA=/$T2eC16hHJG8E9nyfp-L(BQk01Zy,4w~~60_3.JPG)
Anyone received these from the RSL website.
I went to my local RSL and they said that they wouldn’t be able to get them in, even when they had an order for 50 of them just for the Sale branch. Poooooooooooooooo!
Mine is still awaiting shipment according to the website.
Quote from: 'Mister T' pid='2784' dateline='1352423513'Mine is still awaiting shipment according to the website.
I just checked the post office and mine are not here yet either.
I paid for the 9 days ago :dash1:
Mine just arrived. I'll take a closer look at them next week though.
We just asked an RSL member who was selling poppies and so-on in the local mall if he had any $2 coins and he was of the opinion that they wouldn't be available except online. If this is true then the half million mintage is insane, there's no way they'll sell that many via online sales only. If it's not true and distribution problems have stopped them getting to mall sellers in time then the whole thing has been mucked up, it's going to take a lot of effort getting them to sellers by Sunday given that Friday is mostly over.
My local R.S.L. had 800 poppy coins to sell and they have all gone.
They are ordering more and have taken my order and will let me know when they arrive. They tell me should be late next week.
went to grab some today and they had none, i asked if they where getting more and the answer sounded like a very confused no.
Quote from: 'Mister T' pid='2786' dateline='1352429426'Mine just arrived. I'll take a closer look at them next week though.
Lucky Bugger :good: :dance2:
I'm sure your will be on their way trout. Not sure why I didn't get an update about them being mailed though.
For NSW:
http://www.rslnsw.org.au/docs/COINSALES1.pdf
(when and who is getting them)
Updating the saga my coins ordered from the Qld RSL are still awaiting shipment.
My parents have a military museum in eastern victoria and are up with all the gatherings and such that are related to military themed stuff and I had them on the prowl for these coins and they've come up stone cold.
I went into the city today here in Adelaide for a pre-Christmas event for which there were crowds and crowds of people and not a poppy seller in sight nor anyone at the RSL headquarters.
Hello Remembrance Day is tomorrow!!!
So apart from collectors who else will be buying these poppy coins for $10 after remembrance day?? No one. The RSL will be left with a big fizzer and we'll all be sitting on coins just like those distributed by the Commonwealth Bank in 1988, remember the $5 parliament house.
I contacted the local RSL sub-branch president last week and asked about these coins. He said they had one expression of interest from a member for four coins. I said I wanted some and I called a few local coin collectors and their order went up to 21 coins.
Don't know when they will come. Certainly not for Remembrance Day.
Jeff
Is it the C mint mark one everyone has ordered? I managed to grab one at my coin store today
Quote from: 'AaronG' pid='2883' dateline='1352524340'Is it the C mint mark one everyone has ordered? I managed to grab one at my coin store today
No its the one with no mint mark and the coloured poppy.
this one is ONLY avaliable via the RSL.
The coin popped up on my FB feed today.
30,000+ likes and over 400 comments.
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=lf#!/photo.php?fbid=420276978025625&set=a.240649935988331.72634.177324048987587&type=1&theater
(Hopefully that link will work, otherwise the page is 'Australian Soldiers Are Heroes', post from 26th October)
My order from qld rsl says awaiting fulfilment. I assume that means not shipped...
Quote from: 'enworb' pid='2920' dateline='1352584629'My order from qld rsl says awaiting fulfilment. I assume that means not shipped...
My order is marked "Awaiting Sipment", I feel it will be a while before these hit my post office :(
just rang the local rsl and asked about them, this time i was told its nothing to do with the club its all to do with the rsl? but he did say ring back later.
Mine still says awaiting shipment even though it has arrived.
QLD RSL had'nt received their stock yet,when i was talking to them on Thursday.
I have a mental picture of a bunch of old warriors standing around a huge pile of these coins dressed in battledress, looking at them in despair.
Then one bloke says “Righto Chaps we have to form a plan of attack to distribute these"
After a few moments one of the old codgers pipes up and says “No worries , Lets all bugger off down to the boozer and sort this out.
Me knees are killing me and me old hip is giving me gyp"
They all happily agree with this motion and the meeting is ended.
Anyway there is always NEXT months meeting we will have another crack at it then:laughingneqw:
Maybe they are making the oldies glue them to the packaging one by one.
Don’t worry about it chaps just gimmy gimmy gimmy
would be a shame if they have messed it all up, or maybe the rsl bosses brought the lot for themselves?
Quote from: 'Russ e' pid='2950' dateline='1352610449'would be a shame if they have messed it all up, or maybe the rsl bosses brought the lot for themselves?
:yahoo::yahoo: you beauty , i got my 2 yesterday at the rsl in caboolture now i am happy again .
:yahoo::yahoo: ,, kel ,,
maybe if we keep all the $2 coins from circulation we can force the banks to release the circulation coin sooner ;)
Great idea everyone go to the bank tomorrow and withdraw your entire balance in $2 coins. I'm in.
Quote from: 'purplepennyhunter' pid='2965' dateline='1352629215'Great idea everyone go to the bank tomorrow and withdraw your entire balance in $2 coins. I'm in.
OK that will get me one coin LOL.
Are these Remebrance Day $2 coins going into circulation?
Only the non-coloured coin is set to go into circulation, I contacted the RAM and they haven’t done a media press date for circulation release YET, but when I know you will know too :)
Can’t be that far off now!
:wavemulticolor:
The mint just put up on the $2 page the circulation coin
Images are not showing but the spot is there!
http://www.ramint.gov.au/designs/ram-designs/2dollars.cfm
2012
Commemorating Remembrance Day with an image of a red poppy.
Designed by: Aaron Baggio
I would think that the security companies will be receiving them now.
So expect to see them in the next few weeks.
*** Let’s see who is the first person to find a coin in there change and post a picture ***
I just peeled one off the card. It's glued on. The glue is like the stuff that bank/credit cards are stuck to letters with but it was a bit firmer than that. It was harder to get off than I thought it would be.
Quote from: 'Australian coin' pid='2977' dateline='1352678826'The mint just put up on the $2 page the circulation coin
Images are not showing but the spot is there!
The picture of the circulation coin is linked to the original press release though...
(http://www.ramint.gov.au/media/press-releases/2012/downloads/20121026-CIRC-Remembrance-Poppy_REV.jpg)
Picture from the Royal Australian Mint website
I recived my "C" mint coins today.
[attachment=396][attachment=397]
Whoaaaaa big image!!
My coins are not here yet :dodgy:
My RSL order has just been updated to "shipped" :dance2:
Quote from: 'trout' pid='2983' dateline='1352688041'I recived my "C" mint coins today.
hey trout , where do you get the mm coin from .. ??
,, kel ,,
Quote from: 'trout' pid='2990' dateline='1352695884'My RSL order has just been updated to "shipped" :dance2:
mine too
Quote from: 'purplepennyhunter' pid='2995' dateline='1352700073'Quote from: 'trout' pid='2990' dateline='1352695884'My RSL order has just been updated to "shipped" :dance2:
mine too
Things are looking up:wavemulticolor:
Quote from: 'trout' pid='2990' dateline='1352695884'My RSL order has just been updated to "shipped" :dance2:
Mine too.
Also, I noticed that some (all?) of mine had small patches of yellow toning around where the glue was.
By the way guys, does anyone know when these will be in circulation?
Quote from: 'keldaw' pid='2994' dateline='1352698679'Quote from: 'trout' pid='2983' dateline='1352688041'I recived my "C" mint coins today.
hey trout , where do you get the mm coin from .. ??
,, kel ,,
Onlinecoins in Lismore via ebay
I still can't believe they've been glued. It's like a nightmare.
Quote from: 'AaronG' pid='3003' dateline='1352701347'By the way guys, does anyone know when these will be in circulation?
The coloured ones are only avaliable from the mint/dealers and RSL QLD.
the plain ones will be released into the wild ( Just gotta catch a couple of these) :dash1:
Quote from: 'purplepennyhunter' pid='3011' dateline='1352702504'I still can't believe they've been glued. It's like a nightmare.
Looks like the hunt will be on for one without the glue stain/marks
Do you think that it's worth grabbing all the plain ones you get from circulation? or just keep a few?
I am goin to try and get 1 $50 armaguard bag and keep tht. You can bet every man and their dog will hoard this coin when it hits the streets and i feel it is fated to become like the 1970 Cpt Cook 50c or 1995 UN 20c.
My oder with qld rsl has been moved from awaiting fulfillment to awaiting shipment which i suppose is a step in the right direction at least.
Hopefully one of those i get are glue staining free. It really is unbelievable they have used glue!
Quote from: 'AaronG' pid='3013' dateline='1352703188'Do you think that it's worth grabbing all the plain ones you get from circulation? or just keep a few?
I would hang onto them so that you can share them with youre Mates on this forum that can't get one.
That is what I will be doing :good:
I just noticed in the Stamp catalogue AP post out to me there's a PNC with the Cmm coloured $2 in it. Looks nice too. Limited to 20,000 $19.95
I went into Vic State HQ and got mine today. I am a little dissapointed to finf the coin came in a small plastic resealable bag not attached to the card in any way.
I was limited to one per person so had the wife tag along. Got two instead.
Now for the PNC, then the "C" carded coin, then one from circulation.
Hey Goldy if mine come glued I'll swap you my glued up one's for the pristine in zip-baggie one's. I know which one's I'd prefer.
thanks trout .. ,, kel ,,
Quote from: 'trout' pid='3010' dateline='1352702474'Quote from: 'keldaw' pid='2994' dateline='1352698679'Quote from: 'trout' pid='2983' dateline='1352688041'I recived my "C" mint coins today.
hey trout , where do you get the mm coin from .. ??
,, kel ,,
Onlinecoins in Lismore via ebay
Quote from: 'purplepennyhunter' pid='3023' dateline='1352710537'I just noticed in the Stamp catalogue AP post out to me there's a PNC with the Cmm coloured $2 in it. Looks nice too. Limited to 20,000 $19.95
PPH , not a bad price for a PNC , considering it cost almost $ 15.00 to have the (C MM poppy coin only ), posted to me ..
,, kel ,,
Apparently banks have bank have been shipped the coins for circulation, is it worth going to the bank this afternoon to check? Or do people know for sure they haven't been shipped?
I won’t be seeing any for a week or two till pre-Christmas sales (that’s when the money starts rolling out into retail shops)
That’s where I got all my baggies last year (the 2011 50c, and 2010 $1 ALL IN GREAT CONDITION never been touched â€" technically never entered circulation - woo) which I sent to all different states and coin friends when I opened the bags.
Woo! Hot off the shelf :yahoo:
Just has to get one
PNC pics, inside lighting is a bit yellow.
Thanks for the heads up PPH
:heart:
I don’t normally go for PNC but I figured that I was going to collect the whole series of this $2 poppy coin
[attachment=409]
[attachment=410]
[attachment=411]
[attachment=412]
I just picked up a PNC about half hour ago. I don't collect NCLT,
but it's always good for a trade.
Quote from: 'trout' pid='3012' dateline='1352702580'Looks like the hunt will be on for one without the glue stain/marks
Unfortunately I think the real hunt will be to find one that isn't bag-marked and scratched.
finally found some of the rsl coin, just waiting on them to be delivered now to get some c mint mark
Someone has got some!!
eBay Armaguard Bag (http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NEW-2012-bag-of-25-UNC-2-Remembrance-coin-First-commem-2-circulation-coin-/281021531763?pt=AU_Coins2&hash=item416e304673&_uhb=1#ht_1543wt_1159)
eBay single coin (http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NEW-2012-Remembrance-Uncirculated-2-First-commemorative-ex-bag-in-2x2-SCARCE-/390496096917?pt=AU_Coins2&hash=item5aeb619295&_uhb=1#ht_1919wt_902)
edited to add people have purchased at that price!! $112 for a $50 bag.
edit again, make that one person
Woo thanks for the links PPH
I’m still going to take my chances noodling, noodle noodle noodle!
:P
Do you think they know someone from a security company?
Well good for them being so fast of the mark.
:wavemulticolor:
Would be nice to know which state these showed up in.
The ebay person is from Sydney
Just so you know.. in the listings
you probably know this but if you look under the “buy it now†button it has the postage price it says item location (very tiny writing), same seller for both.
Quote from: 'Australian coin' pid='3075' dateline='1352797134'The ebay person is from Sydney
Just so you know.. in the listings
you probably know this but if you look under the “buy it now†button it has the postage price it says item location (very tiny writing), same seller for both.
Thanks AC, I have been on ebay for 4 years and DIDNT know that :good:
Just a bit sad the seller isn't in Perth :(
I went to my bank today and they told me they had no idea what they were :(
I picked up the PNC today so i have the C mintmark. My order from Qld is sill awaiting shipment :(
Quote from: 'Mister T' pid='3061' dateline='1352786075'Quote from: 'trout' pid='3012' dateline='1352702580'Looks like the hunt will be on for one without the glue stain/marks
Unfortunately I think the real hunt will be to find one that isn't bag-marked and scratched.
It is unfortunate but a lot of the coins coming out of the Canberra mint lately are pretty shoddy.
Lazy buggers should take more pride in their work, Just looks like they are watching the clock for knock off and not taking due care of the product
:-/:dodgy::huh::s:@:nea::fie::blackeye:
Yep mine turned up from the Qld RSL today and they are all glued. The glue like when your new credit card is attached to the page. It peels off which is the first thing I did but there's a mark. Not happy Jan. Who on earth thought that was a good thing to do, but I guess collectors weren't consulted.
I thought I saw some marks on the coin I bought yeaterday. So today I pulled it out of the the PNC for a closer inspection.
Must say I am not very happy, finger prints on the Queens face and they are not mine.
I got one from ANZAC House in Melbourne yesterday. It was not glued to the card, which made me happy.
I looked at it closer last night and saw a machine roll scrape all around the obverse, which made me unhappy.
Tomorrow, I plan on making this coin the first coloured $2 coin to go into circulation as it will be part payment on my morning cup of coffee at Flinders St station.
Do you mind telling us how much you paid for it? If I were you i'd just keep it in the collection :O Each to there own
Halt! Put down the glue gun....
Facebook link (http://www.facebook.com/RoyalAustralianMint/posts/491332947573532?comment_id=5850619¬if_t=feed_comment)
Yet another "Quality item from the mint" :ireful::kez_11::cray::aggressive:
[attachment=432][attachment=433]
Now I know what you mean by bad quality coins trout :/ those rim nicks are terrible
Aww I don’t wan to know if that’s what my coins are going to turn out like.
Did you acetone the glue off?
Quote from: 'Australian coin' pid='3255' dateline='1353035077'Aww I don’t wan to know if that’s what my coins are going to turn out like.
Did you acetone the glue off?
It came easy peasy.
I should have left it there it would of hidden some of the crappy coin.
I'm just about over the Mints total disrigard for quality on some coins.
This will be the last NCLT coin I buy untill they get their act together.
If I was in arms reach of the cretin that deemed these as quality coins I would gladly give him a good whack in the angry button.
Quote from: 'Australian coin' pid='3255' dateline='1353035077'Aww I don’t wan to know if that’s what my coins are going to turn out like.
Did you acetone the glue off?
I wish you luck and good fortune.:scratch_one-s_head:
Postie arrived rip it open, quick photo and this:-
I believe we may have an opportunity here,
Who will get the worst, Not the best :stinker:
(http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/vv160/ford_prefect/2012_2_Obverse.jpg)
I sent this email to the mint, I am that upset with the crap they are selling lately:dodgy:
I have purchased the 2012 mint set, the 2 14 sided 50 cent coins 2012 and 2013 also both of the coloured $2 coins for 2012.
The quality of these coins is quite frankly appalling.
What is the problem this year?
The RAM and the Perth mint have a World renowned reputation of producing coins of the highest quality for collectors. As of late the quality is absolutely shocking.
If this problem is not addressed you will loose many collectors as customers.
I am greatly saddened by the state of the NCLT offerings as of late as I have been more than happy with the quality of ALL previous coins.
Kind regards
Jim
Good email. The more people tell them hopefully the more they will realise. My coins arrived from Qld today and the one i have taken off was in ok nick but certainly not completely free of contact marks. The glue came off real easy with acetone.
WT.... is that Ford ? i don't think i'll bother chasing these up now,if thats what i'll get,what crap !
Quote from: 'accumulator' pid='3266' dateline='1353042977'WT.... is that Ford ? i don't think i'll bother chasing these up now,if thats what i'll get,what crap !
Looks like they ran them thru the pockies first.
This is the best of the three I received.
The "Poppy" reverse is o'k on all three.:icon_e_surprised: :icon_e_smile:
(http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/vv160/ford_prefect/2012_1a_Obverse.jpg)
Great email trout, what you said is 100% correct
Quote from: 'AaronG' pid='3272' dateline='1353048083'Great email trout, what you said is 100% correct
Thanks Mate but One shout in the in the wilderness wont do much good.
We need more like emails so that they can hear us ROAR :good:
Get typing you mob:yahoo:
If you inspect the coin when you get it and you really aren't happy you can contact them and they'll give you a reply paid address (no cost to you) to return it and get a replacement. With your receipt from them of course.
I have done this however and wasn't entirely pleased with the replacement either.
My local RSL came thru TOP people, turns out the guy there is a coin collector too!, he said that the coins he ordered came in a mint rolls, (he was allowed 2 rolls) he also bought cotton gloves and put them in zip bags for us. All the coins were sold out and only people who had pre orders got them..
This is the best chance of getting a good coin, although I haven’t put them under the USB to find out about marks. Although its a relief with no glue, they look ok to me.
Also received the coins from online order of RSL coin. (Doubled up oh well)
I will probably be swapping or selling the sticky ones asap I don’t intend to pull them of the cards now.
The guy said it is funny that he couldn’t get $2 for a poppy but gets $10 for a $2 coin.
Heres are pics, some had obvious marks other seem ok.
They have been put in 2x2’s YAY nice and safe now
Dad said that’s the fastest his ever put coins in 2x2’s
[attachment=434]
[attachment=435]
[attachment=436]
[attachment=437]
[attachment=438]
Holy crap. sorry bout the crappy posted ones. Picked this circulated one up at work today. Was very surprised. Seems pretty good right?
(http://s13.postimage.org/9sohvzzo3/IMG_NEW.jpg) (http://postimage.org/image/9sohvzzo3/)
(http://s14.postimage.org/712gxgzwt/IMG_0001_NEW.jpg) (http://postimage.org/image/712gxgzwt/)
Couple of bumps around the circumference but the man queen still seems pretty intact right?
after all the chasing and phone calls and promises of coming tomorrow, i have given up hope and will wait until i find one on the footpath, i seriously think it would be quicker
NOW this is a great pad printed poppy remembrance day coin.
I got this in the mail today.
In my opinion the best designed $5 cupronickel coin minted so far :good:
[attachment=516][attachment=517]
Got mine today. One only slightly marked and all the others badly marked! At least they weren't stuck down but in a tiny ziplock bag.
Now I get it. "Australia's first circulating, pad printed coin". On the back of the card it says "Finish Circulating".
That means they don't have to worry about care with handling or condition. Maybe these are rejects before the C mark is stamped. Or maybe keen RSL volunteers were given the job of putting them on the cards without any information on how collectors like nice coins ("Whoops, accidentally picked up two. Never mind, just throw the second back in the bucket on top of the others.").
Rather disappointed with the whole thing. I await circulated ones to turn up here. I think a chance of getting something better then?
Jeff
Can somebody on this forum please tell me where one secure bags of coins straight from the mint.
I have tried all my banks about my residential area and they only receive coins from the general public.
Your assistance would be appreciated as I would dearly love to secure a couple of sealed bags of the new poppy $2 coin.
I don't think the mint bags them so you'd need to get them from Armaguard or Chubb. I don't know how well you'd go though as they probably only service banks and maybe other big companies.
:yahoo::yahoo:
i got my first uncoloured circulated $ 2.00 poppy ,
and a normal 2012 x $ 2.00 coin at the markets today.
:yahoo::yahoo: now i am happy with that agate day at the markets ..
,, kel ,,
I got sick of hunting and coming up empty handed so I bought these.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/251198164923?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649
I know it could be considered as "Cheating" but frankly I don't care how I get the coin I want, as long as I get it :good:
OMG are you going to open it!
Can I ask for one, I haven’t found any yet. :angel:
I also sent you mail :)
There’s a Christmas card too :heart:
Not sure if this has been mentioned but Aust. Post issued a First Day Cover containing both the coloured coin and a 60c stamp. The coin seems to be encapsulated well and the stamp is an embossed 'Rising Sun' badge.! Received one last week as a birthday gift, issue of 20,000.!
Quote from: 'Australian coin' pid='4646' dateline='1355441104'OMG are you going to open it!
Can I ask for one, I haven’t found any yet. :angel:
I also sent you mail :)
There’s a Christmas card too :heart:
I got your mail yesterday:give_rose: Thank you.
I will send some of these over for you when they get here.
Hopefully they will be in nice condition :good:
Here is my collection!
(https://dl.dropbox.com/u/61828976/IMG_1544.JPG)
(https://dl.dropbox.com/u/61828976/rem2set.jpg)
Has anyone NOT got one of these non coloured coins yet ?
Downies is offering the three coin set and the individual coins.
http://www.downies.com/Royal-Australian-Mint/2012-2-Remembrance-Day-Poppy-Unc-Trio/3789/productview.aspx
-John
Quote from: 'triplewitch' pid='7418' dateline='1359277182'Downies is offering the three coin set and the individual coins.
http://www.downies.com/Royal-Australian-Mint/2012-2-Remembrance-Day-Poppy-Unc-Trio/3789/productview.aspx
-John
I got a whole bag of the non coloured coins and am more than happy to send one each to the members that havent got one yet.
The longer they are in circulation the more bashed about they get.