Australian-Coins Forum

Australian Coins, Banknotes and Exonumia => Australian Errors and Varieties => Topic started by: markn on September 29, 2012, 11:04:39 AM

Title: Clashed 1956 3d
Post by: markn on September 29, 2012, 11:04:39 AM
PPH and I found this on the weekend.  Nice grade and awesome clash!

(http://www.timeclockmts.com/coins/australia-1956-3d-clashed.jpg)
Title: RE: Clashed 1956 3d
Post by: Nevol on September 29, 2012, 12:21:54 PM
That is awesome.  It's just reminded me I've got one with the wheat marks on HM's neck.  I'll have to find it.

Yours is in great condition. :wavemulticolor:
Title: RE: Clashed 1956 3d
Post by: Nevol on September 29, 2012, 02:10:12 PM
These images are of my 1960 3d, Die Clash both sides, D.Ck on 1st E of Elizabeth, plus a lam on rev. Unfortunately, I think it might have spent some time in a Xmas Pudding.

3d 1960 Rev D.Ck Rim - 1st E   
(http://i50.tinypic.com/pqc94.jpg)

3d 1960 Rev Lam   
(http://i45.tinypic.com/vg3hmw.jpg)

3d 1960 Obv D.Cl   
(http://i46.tinypic.com/zx5ev7.jpg)

3d 1960 Rev     
(http://i49.tinypic.com/30idmio.jpg)
Title: RE: Clashed 1956 3d
Post by: planchetflaw on September 30, 2012, 01:20:06 PM
I love strong die clashes. Very nice examples. Thanks for sharing them.

EDIT: I have some penny and half penny ones. But nothing strong. The strongest die clashes I have are on Indian coins. But it seems every second Indian coin has die clash characteristics.
Title: RE: Clashed 1956 3d
Post by: Australian coin on September 30, 2012, 03:27:03 PM
nice are u selling